$10.00
Recommend
28 
 Thumb up
 Hide
169 Posts
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand

Subject: Wellycon 2012 - Back bigger and better than before rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Packwood
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:

I'll definitely be keen for a game of Eclipse if you bring it - such an awesome game!


Heh, if you can fit in yet another game you're on
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David and Natalie
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
mbmb
All4Glory wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

I'll definitely be keen for a game of Eclipse if you bring it - such an awesome game!


Heh, if you can fit in yet another game you're on


Awesome! (All I know is that I won't get to play all of the games I want to!)

Is anyone keen for late night gaming somewhere tonight?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
seriouslyboard wrote:
All4Glory wrote:
seriouslyboard wrote:

I'll definitely be keen for a game of Eclipse if you bring it - such an awesome game!


Heh, if you can fit in yet another game you're on


Awesome! (All I know is that I won't get to play all of the games I want to!)

Is anyone keen for late night gaming somewhere tonight?


Hey! You're supposed to be on your way to pick me up, not posting to BGG!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Harker
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm helping out at the venue about 7 ish, maybe see you there?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
aaron schuppan
New Zealand
wellington
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mb
I'm really looking forward to Lords of Waterdeep (if there's going to be room for yet another newbie of course). I have been playing pillars of the earth a lot recently, and from what I have read it seems to follow a similar path.

But if I don't get to play I have a good list of ten or so other games I'd like to try out so I don't see disappointment coming into play at all...

Looking forward to tomorrow
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
revolushn wrote:
I'm really looking forward to Lords of Waterdeep (if there's going to be room for yet another newbie of course). I have been playing pillars of the earth a lot recently, and from what I have read it seems to follow a similar path.

But if I don't get to play I have a good list of ten or so other games I'd like to try out so I don't see disappointment coming into play at all...

Looking forward to tomorrow


And that, is the spirit of Wellycon. Well said.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
We have broken down in waiouru! 4 people and all of seriouslyboard's stock! Looking at options...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
superbgg wrote:
We have broken down in waiouru! 4 people and all of seriouslyboard's stock! Looking at options...


Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your precious cargo.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clague
New Zealand
Hamilton
Waikato
flag msg tools
I can see my house from here!
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like we have a solution, be in very late tonight. We'll have some stories for tomorrow!
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zak
New Zealand
Whangarei
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
- Is there free parking in the Massey E entrance?
- Ended up booked at The Lodge backpackers for Saturday night, anyone else staying there?

Have made it to my wife's family in Otaki today, leaving them there and will be doing the last leg of the trip in the morning... Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow, and hopefully getting to play with a bunch of you!

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Thompson
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
If you pick red, don't complain when I start moving your meeple...
mbmbmbmbmb
My plane is about to take off. See you all tomorrow!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
isaacjames wrote:
- Is there free parking in the Massey E entrance?
- Ended up booked at The Lodge backpackers for Saturday night, anyone else staying there?

Have made it to my wife's family in Otaki today, leaving them there and will be doing the last leg of the trip in the morning... Look forward to meeting you all tomorrow, and hopefully getting to play with a bunch of you!



Yes, plenty of free parking on site.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
7 re-usable shopping bags and 4 boxes of games ready to load up for tomorrow morning... see you then.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bishop of East Anglia
New Zealand
Christchurch
i actually live in Wellington
flag msg tools
I'm, I'm afraid there's been a mistake. The man who has been speaking to you is an impostor. He is not in fact the Bishop of East Anglia, but a man wanted by the police. I am the Bishop of East Anglia and anyone who doesn't believe me can look me up
badge
Golden Camel !!!
mbmbmbmbmb

Did we leave some wargamers behind? Or maybe some Role players we didn't know about?

Last updated 17:07 05/06/2012

LATEST: Armed police are clearing from central Wellington city after responding to reports a gunman was on the loose.

A series of threatening text messages had prompted the armed police presence on some of Wellington's busiest commuter streets, acting central communications shift commander Mark Oliver said.

Two men were arrested and taken away in handcuffs, but early this evening police were still carrying out a site examination of a car the pair were found in.

Armed Offenders Squad members swarmed Ghuznee St late this afternoon, and there was a strong police presence on the Terrace and Dixon and Willis Streets.

Judd Munro was walking down Victoria St when the incident unfolded.

"I saw the police officer with his dog. The dog was barking at the two guys in the car. A patrol car came around the corner and three armed offenders squad guys got out and pointed rifles at the car and told the guys to get out."

The occupants got out with their hands up and were handcuffed.

Police then searched the boot.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Dodd
New Zealand
Martinborough
flag msg tools
designer
July 5th Miramar -Be There!
mbmbmbmbmb
Got all my Cash'n Guns weaponry back, so should be OK.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for the bump, but I just saw that Armageddon in Wellington next year is being moved to Queens Birthday weekend at the stadium, moving from March at the TSB - Dunno if anyone had seen..
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Rae
New Zealand
Wellington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Thereat wrote:
Sorry for the bump, but I just saw that Armageddon in Wellington next year is being moved to Queens Birthday weekend at the stadium, moving from March at the TSB - Dunno if anyone had seen..


If I understand correctly then the people I really feel sorry for is the Sci-Fi guys who are having their annual convention here at the same time as well. We were informed by one of the organisers that there would be a clash for this year and we might want to reconsider our date. Everyone is welcome at Wellycon of course, but in general my reading of our audience is that the crossover with both those groups is minimal so we will be sticking with our date.

After feedback on our events we moved to Queens Birthday weekend 30 months ago purely to avoid clashes, and we have run the last two Wellycons on that same weekend in the same location. Naturally I feel a little sadness that Wellycon is not a significant consideration for those other groups, after all we moved our dates around to accommodate local groups until we found a weekend that suited everyone. However I am sure the Sci Fi guys had their reasons and this was the best decision for them. I have not had anything to do with Armageddon, after all they are on a massive scale compared to us, and I don't expect them to care about our local community. I don't expect they even know we exist to be honest, and if they do we are certainly not of interest to them. They need to do what is best for their bottom line, and I don't expect a few hundred board gamers make a difference.

I summary I believe the impact is minimal and those that crossover are welcome and wanted but are not are target audience for future growth. I hope those of you that identify primarily with the Sci-Fi community continue to feel welcome and included in our events and planning. And yeah for everybody that is into all these hobbies, you will have three choices in 2013 for your gaming pleasure.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess the benefit is at least that both events are over more than one day so if anyone were wanting to do both, then they could

I absolutely take your point that the organisers of Armageddon wouldn't have given Wellycon a second thought. Ah well
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean Adam
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BoardGameGeek » Forums » Game Groups » New Zealand
Re: Wellycon 2012 - Back bigger and better than before
Thereat wrote:
I guess the benefit is at least that both events are over more than one day so if anyone were wanting to do both, then they could

I absolutely take your point that the organisers of Armageddon wouldn't have given Wellycon a second thought. Ah well


Its ok, NZ is so big we don't need to worry about competing for consumers/participants time or attention (sic).
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.