Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
2 Posts

Gangsters» Forums » Rules

Subject: Newbie questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob Flowers

Odenton
Unspecified
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, finally got this out and started tinkering with it, I came up with a few very beginner questions:

1) Gangster pieces only have to be turned on their criminal side to make a Hit, or Extort, correct? Vamps when seducing, and Racketeers when buying/upgrading, have to be on their non-criminal sides?

2) Are public pieces automatically turned Criminal when they enter an owned joint, and turned back over when they exit?

3) Movement rules say you can't turn more than 90 degrees. Does this means those sharp corners on the board cannot be taken?

4) The Extortion rule says you don't have to move to extort. Does extortion require you to "use a move", or can you just sit there and collect with your Thug and/or Vamp as long as you wish?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Necessary Evil
United States
Glen Arm
Maryland
flag msg tools
Yes, I play the Bass.
badge
Sweet Holy Moses, Fruit F*cker Prime!
mbmbmbmbmb
Gangsters » Forums » Rules
Re: Newbie questions
Epworthian wrote:
Ok, finally got this out and started tinkering with it, I came up with a few very beginner questions:

1) Gangster pieces only have to be turned on their criminal side to make a Hit, or Extort, correct? Vamps when seducing, and Racketeers when buying/upgrading, have to be on their non-criminal sides?


Correct.
Quote:

2) Are public pieces automatically turned Criminal when they enter an owned joint, and turned back over when they exit?


Yes as soon as they go in they are criminal. As soon as they move out they are normal again.

Quote:

3) Movement rules say you can't turn more than 90 degrees. Does this means those sharp corners on the board cannot be taken?


They can be taken. The rule means that if facing one direction you can not turn around and go backwards.
Quote:

4) The Extortion rule says you don't have to move to extort. Does extortion require you to "use a move", or can you just sit there and collect with your Thug and/or Vamp as long as you wish?

[/q]

You can sit there but if you take the money it uses one of your moves. It is common if playing for the cash to take you thug and stick him in a hard to reach building and let him extort all game never moving him.

Usually what we do is when taking that action you pick up the black die and put it to the side while calling off the number of moves.

-M

1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.