2015 Support Drive – Ending in:
154 supporters - GeekGold Bonus for All 2015 Supporters: 1.54 + 0.02 = 1.56
Codito, publisher of some of the best iOS board games out there, has their apps on sale:
- Puerto Rico HD (iPad only) is $2.99, normally $7.99. I am not a PR expert, and nearly always lose, but I still have fun playing (against the AI--I've never signed up against the (presumably) expert online players (aka Puerto Rico Poo Poo Heads)). I don't consider it worth the $7.99 normal price, but definitely worth $2.99 in my book. (Make sure you note it's iPad only, with the justification being that Puerto Rico wouldn't fit on an iPhone. Except that Le Havre, from the same developer, proves that wrong. So, if you're listening, Codito, please give us PR on the small screen!)
- Le Havre is $2.99, normally $4.99. This and Carcassonne are my two favorite iOS board games. The biggest gripe I can come up with is that the game doesn't remember the volume setting for the music, so it always blares out this French accordion song every time I start it, which is unceasingly amusing to my wife and daughter. It's worth the $4.99, so definitely worth $2.99.
- Tikal is $1.99, normally $3.99. This is an OK app. I never played with OpenFeint, but now that they've stripped that out and replaced it with Game Center, I'm enjoying my first multiplayer games. It's frustrating on the iPhone because the things you need to click on are tiny. As a result, the game is often asking me if I want to place a worker when I really wanted to uncover a temple. But, there's undo, so no harm done.
- Ra is $1.99, normally $2.99. The sound effects are laughable and the graphics slow the game down. Multiplayer is only through OpenFeint, which is defunct, and has never worked right. So, if you want to speculate that they'll bring Game Center soon or you really like Ra, it may be worth it. Otherwise, Medici will fill your Knizia auction game niche much better, and you can put the extra $1 toward one of the Ascension expansions (which I haven't played) or Carcassonne Traders & Builders, which just came out.
- Medici HD is $0.99, normally $1.99. Since multiplayer doesn't work on Ra and the interface on this one is much cleaner, this is the superior Knizia auction game.
- San Juan is also on sale for $2.99, normally more (not sure what the normal price is, but I balked at it). I haven't played this yet, but have just bought it.
- Last edited Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:41 am (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:40 am
On Board Games
Thanks for the heads up!
Re: Codito iOS games on sale