$10.00
Recommend
3 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » Rules

Subject: Some Questions! Rules clarifications needed rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I’d like to ask for some rules clarifications.

1) If there are two Microbot Fixers (each of your Microbots gains +1 power) in play, do my minions gain +2 power? And does the one Microbot Fixer affect the other one as well?

2) Someone plays the Terraforming Action, replaces a base and discards all actions attached to it. I assume all minions stay, but do the actions played on minions stay as well or get discarded?

3) After playing a minion on The Homeworld base, can you play the extra minion of power 2 or less on another base as well?

4a) Someone plays a Zapbot that allows him/her to play an extra minion of power 2 or less. Assuming that he has more minions in play (let’s say 5 for example), can he play the Microbot Alpha? (power 1, +1power for each of your minions in play – that means +5 for 5 minions in play) Is it considered of power 6 before being played as it will automatically reach power 6 or is it of power 1?

4b) Same situation for playing a Microbot Alpha on a base you have no minions after playing the Zombie Lord. I believe the same rules apply to that as well.

4c) Speaking of the Zombie Lord zombie, can he play a minion of (printed) power 2 (a Walker for example) on the Central Brain base? (each minion has +1 power there)

Thanks in advance!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Epic PvP on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
clerical_error wrote:
Hi, I’d like to ask for some rules clarifications.

1) If there are two Microbot Fixers (each of your Microbots gains +1 power) in play, do my minions gain +2 power? And does the one Microbot Fixer affect the other one as well?


Yes, you get +2 and they receive it as well.

Quote:

2) Someone plays the Terraforming Action, replaces a base and discards all actions attached to it. I assume all minions stay, but do the actions played on minions stay as well or get discarded?


Yes, all minions stay and all actions on the minions stay, but not actions on the base.

Quote:

3) After playing a minion on The Homeworld base, can you play the extra minion of power 2 or less on another base as well?


Yes.

Quote:

4a) Someone plays a Zapbot that allows him/her to play an extra minion of power 2 or less. Assuming that he has more minions in play (let’s say 5 for example), can he play the Microbot Alpha? (power 1, +1power for each of your minions in play – that means +5 for 5 minions in play) Is it considered of power 6 before being played as it will automatically reach power 6 or is it of power 1?


It's not until it's in play. So you can play it.

Quote:

4b) Same situation for playing a Microbot Alpha on a base you have no minions after playing the Zombie Lord. I believe the same rules apply to that as well.


Yes you can still do that.

Quote:

4c) Speaking of the Zombie Lord :zombie:, can he play a minion of (printed) power 2 (a Walker for example) on the Central Brain base? (each minion has +1 power there)

Thanks in advance!


Yes, he can play it, then it gets the bonus.

8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was REALLY fast!
Many thanks!

I have another Microbot Alpha question. If there is a Leprechaun on a base can you play a Microbot Alpha assuming that it would reach power 5+?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Rowland
United States
Mobile
Alabama
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Epic PvP on Kickstarter!
mbmbmbmbmb
You can play it, and it'll live, since the Leprechaun specifically says you resolve its text first.
7 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
johnny k
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks again!
Looking forward to the expansion(s)!
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Decay
Germany
Bremen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

As this thread is more active hopefully I could get an answer to one of my unanswered questions from another thread.

My minion is protected with Tooth and Claw...
Card states: "Play on a minion. Ongoing: If an ability would affect this minion, destroy this card and the ability does not affect this minion."
Now another player (Ninja) plays a card called Poison on his turn on my protected minion.
Poison states: "Play on a minion. Destroy any number of actions played on this minion. Ongoing: This minion has -4 power (Minions have a minimum power of 0)."

What happens here? Does the Tooth...-Card protect my minion from Poison, or is it ineffective because the effect of Poison happens first?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fernando Robert Yu
Philippines
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Moppelkotze wrote:
Hello,

As this thread is more active hopefully I could get an answer to one of my unanswered questions from another thread.

My minion is protected with Tooth and Claw...
Card states: "Play on a minion. Ongoing: If an ability would affect this minion, destroy this card and the ability does not affect this minion."
Now another player (Ninja) plays a card called Poison on his turn on my protected minion.
Poison states: "Play on a minion. Destroy any number of actions played on this minion. Ongoing: This minion has -4 power (Minions have a minimum power of 0)."

What happens here? Does the Tooth...-Card protect my minion from Poison, or is it ineffective because the effect of Poison happens first?


I say poison goes through since it destroys the action first (ie destroys tooth and claw) then affects the minion it targets...

Poison is cool...not even the strong are invulnerable to poison...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy McCann
United States
Lexington
South Carolina
flag msg tools
Smash Up » Forums » Rules
Re: Some Questions! Rules clarifications needed
Not to mention that Poison is an Action, not an ability.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
freddieyu wrote:
I say poison goes through since it destroys the action first (ie destroys tooth and claw) then affects the minion it targets...

I disagree. On p. 9 of the rules it says, "If cards conflict, the one tha says you can't do something beats the one that says you can." Poison says you can destroy actions on the minion. Tooth and Claw says you cannot, so it wins.


Mojobacca wrote:
Not to mention that Poison is an Action, not an ability.

All cards have have abilities, actions as well as minions and bases. It is Poison's ability that is trying to affect the minion.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Barliman wrote:
freddieyu wrote:
I say poison goes through since it destroys the action first (ie destroys tooth and claw) then affects the minion it targets...

I disagree. On p. 9 of the rules it says, "If cards conflict, the one tha says you can't do something beats the one that says you can." Poison says you can destroy actions on the minion. Tooth and Claw says you cannot, so it wins.


Mojobacca wrote:
Not to mention that Poison is an Action, not an ability.

All cards have have abilities, actions as well as minions and bases. It is Poison's ability that is trying to affect the minion.


This has been answered already.

Cards like Dino's Tooth and Claw or Ghosts Incorporeal protect only the minion from cards/abilities that would affect it (the minion). They don't prevent cards from being played on them and if the card being played on them attacks the action card first than the protection of cards like Tooth and Claw or Incorporeal apparently do not trigger and the card is destroyed and the Poison's -4 power takes affect.

Effectively what this means is for the purpose of this game cards/abilities that affect the actions played on minions are not considered to be affecting the minion even if the card is a "play on minion" card.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for pointing that out! Even if it is counter-intuitive to me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
Barliman wrote:
Thanks for pointing that out! Even if it is counter-intuitive to me.


Cr@p hold the phone. I just checked and now I see there's a pretty specific defenition of "affect" in the rulebook namely:

Quote:
Affect: A card is affected
if it is moved, returned,
destroyed, or has an
action attached
.


So now I'm stumped cause the rules are pretty clear that playing a card on a minion is affecting it in which case cards like Dino's Tooth and Claw or Ghosts Incorporeal should trigger.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Stout
United States
Annandale
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what I was figuring: if attaching an action "affects" a card, then de-attaching an action should also count under "affecting". I'll research this more and see if I can get an answer from AEG about this.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.