$10.00
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
On the Germany EXP # 2 map, is it OK to start laying track from a foreign terminal (it's treated as a City in that respect?) Or do you have to build from another city, and finish the connection at the foreign terminal? Thanks, Chris
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Lerche
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, treat it like a city. Of course, there are the high building costs to take into account.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Germany Rule ? can you start ltrack from Foreign Termina
ckhalleran wrote:
On the Germany EXP # 2 map, is it OK to start laying track from a foreign terminal (it's treated as a City in that respect?) Or do you have to build from another city, and finish the connection at the foreign terminal? Thanks, Chris


Foreign Terminals are not Cities, they are terminals. Track must terminate there, Goods may not be moved through them.

So, one may build track from a City to a Foreign Terminal, but not vice-versa. One may not build Track from a Foreign Terminal, so it is not possible to build track from a Foreign Terminal to a Foreign Terminal.

John
Pittsburgh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Halleran
United States
Monona
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Germany Rule ? can you start ltrack from Foreign Termina
Thanks John. And you just randomly pick the cubes for the 6 terminals, right? They could all end up one color. And those cubes just sit on the terminal all game (you can't ship them anywhere).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip Lerche
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected... thanks for weighing in, John.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Germany Rule ? can you start ltrack from Foreign Termina
I am sorry if I didn't make it more explicit in the rules, guys. BTW, nice Poland map, Phil. I hope you can make it to WBC this year, the French Canadians need tougher competition than us Pennsylvanians!

laugh

John
Pittsburgh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Germany Rule ? can you start ltrack from Foreign Termina
ckhalleran wrote:
Thanks John. And you just randomly pick the cubes for the 6 terminals, right? They could all end up one color. And those cubes just sit on the terminal all game (you can't ship them anywhere).


Yep, you got it, Chris. 100% right.

John
Pittsburgh
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pierre Paquet
Canada
Boischatel
Québec Province
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmb
Age of Steam Expansion #2: Western US and Germany » Forums » Rules
Re: Germany Rule ? can you start ltrack from Foreign Terminal?
John Bohrer wrote:
I am sorry if I didn't make it more explicit in the rules, guys. BTW, nice Poland map, Phil. I hope you can make it to WBC this year, the French Canadians need tougher competition than us Pennsylvanians!

laugh

John
Pittsburgh


Beware if Phillip make it to the WBC for the AoS tournament. He was quite tough on the game we played with him on his excellent Age of Steam PBEM maps.

Pierre
Steambrothers

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.