$10.00
Recommend
2 
 Thumb up
 Hide
22 Posts

Agricola» Forums » General

Subject: Comprehensive Errata/List of Fixed Cards? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I saw that Taster has a fixes version but not sure where to find a comprehensive list. Any source of just the fixed cards?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris F.
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
The Taster fix is a change from the German 7th edition of Agricola (English and others forthcoming, presumably). Other changes from German 7e are discussed here.

For general card rulings and errata there's the Unofficial Agricola Compendium (this will probably eventually include the 7e changes).
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Ho
United States
Long Island City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This one can be tricky depending on what edition and what you'd consider official. The German 7th edition has the latest corrections, but it's never been printed in English. There has been a few posts on BGG regarding those changes from Dermerlin as well as on the play-agricola forums. At some point, I may try and consolidate things in one area for the German 7th as there's bits and pieces from both BGG and play-agricola. The Taster change was one of these German 7th changes.

If you're talking about a strictly English card standpoint, I think there's been 2 printed editions. Unless you got a very early edition of Agricola, you likely have the 2nd edition cards. The 2nd edition has 2 misprints, both minor improvements:

1) Moldboard Plow should say it allows you to plow twice, not once.
2) Brushwood Roof's occupation requirement is 2 occupations, not 3.

The first edition has some complete misprints, IIRC Swineherd had another cards description, and some typo with Smallholder I believe. Those 1st edition errors are also in the rules threads, just do a search and it should come up.

For rulings and such, go with the Compendium (Chris beat me to the punch)
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Santa Clara
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I would have put this into the OP but was tapping it out on my phone: Compendium is fantastic but not really what I'm looking for because I'd have no reason to consult it for "broken" cards that got "fixed" unless those cards were unclear to begin with (which stuff like Taster was not).

Guess there's no actual comprehensive source of fixes and the like other than reading the whole compendium or just browsing through the Rules forums. Thanks anyway.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think what you're looking for is on the Z-Man website.

Yep, check here. It's on the right as a downloable zip file.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yann Gomez
Canada
flag msg tools
MisterG wrote:
I think what you're looking for is on the Z-Man website.

Yep, check here. It's on the right as a downloable zip file.


These are just fixes for going from the first English edition to the second, not for updating the second English edition to the latest fixes in the seventh German edition (Taster to 2 food, etc.). There is no comprehensive list of the latest fixes in English that I'm aware of.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Burkman
United States
Kettering
Ohio
flag msg tools
Peekaboo!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think Chris' link pretty much covers all that, doesn't it?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanno Girke
Germany
Berne
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Agricola » Forums » General
Re: Comprehensive Errata/List of Fixed Cards?
cjfoster wrote:
The Taster fix is a change from the German 7th edition of Agricola (English and others forthcoming, presumably). Other changes from German 7e are discussed here.


The German 7th edition fixes some cards where the German text was unclear, whereas most other languages already covered those changes.

cjfoster wrote:
For general card rulings and errata there's the Unofficial Agricola Compendium (this will probably eventually include the 7e changes).


You can remove the "Un-". Eugene's compendium has been declared as the official go-to resource for rulings.
10 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benjamin Wells Kerenza
United Kingdom
Bradford
W Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
cjfoster wrote:
The Taster fix is a change from the German 7th edition of Agricola (English and others forthcoming, presumably). Other changes from German 7e are discussed here.


The German 7th edition fixes some cards where the German text was unclear, whereas most other languages already covered those changes.

cjfoster wrote:
For general card rulings and errata there's the Unofficial Agricola Compendium (this will probably eventually include the 7e changes).


You can remove the "Un-". Eugene's compendium has been declared as the official go-to resource for rulings.


Congratulations Eugene on your stoical dedication to ruling disputes.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Deerfield Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hanno wrote:
cjfoster wrote:
The Taster fix is a change from the German 7th edition of Agricola (English and others forthcoming, presumably). Other changes from German 7e are discussed here.


The German 7th edition fixes some cards where the German text was unclear, whereas most other languages already covered those changes.

cjfoster wrote:
For general card rulings and errata there's the Unofficial Agricola Compendium (this will probably eventually include the 7e changes).


You can remove the "Un-". Eugene's compendium has been declared as the official go-to resource for rulings.


Is there a newer English edition that incorporate all changes?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
So as of now, April 2015, any newer English editions?

How can I determine what English edition a copy is, other than pulling cards and looking at them -- is there something printed in the rules & on the box?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eL Boato
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:
So as of now, April 2015, any newer English editions?

How can I determine what English edition a copy is, other than pulling cards and looking at them -- is there something printed in the rules & on the box?


Take a look there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1254312/any-errata-z-man-gam...
and there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083237/new-lookout-store-ag...

AFAIK there are no differences in the rules. It's just a few cards and the code on the box. (this applies to the changes since the "first" english 4th edition from 2012)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
elboato wrote:
Gronak wrote:
So as of now, April 2015, any newer English editions?

How can I determine what English edition a copy is, other than pulling cards and looking at them -- is there something printed in the rules & on the box?


Take a look there: ;)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1254312/any-errata-z-man-gam...
and there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083237/new-lookout-store-ag...

AFAIK there are no differences in the rules. It's just a few cards and the code on the box. (this applies to the changes since the "first" english 4th edition from 2012)


Not very helpful; random questions & suggestions.

My edition is "ZMG 7026" which is possibly the first English edition. Is there a card errata list BY EDITION ?

EDIT: contrary to this BBG 4th edition page:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/189116/z-man-game...

This edition does NOT have animeeples -- it was published BEFORE the concept of included them existed. And the box top DOES NOT have the "badges for several awards the game has won."

It seems that they used the old box bottom with a new box top for the edition referenced on that BGG page.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mb
Gronak wrote:
elboato wrote:
Gronak wrote:
So as of now, April 2015, any newer English editions?

How can I determine what English edition a copy is, other than pulling cards and looking at them -- is there something printed in the rules & on the box?


Take a look there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1254312/any-errata-z-man-gam...
and there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083237/new-lookout-store-ag...

AFAIK there are no differences in the rules. It's just a few cards and the code on the box. (this applies to the changes since the "first" english 4th edition from 2012)


Not very helpful; random questions & suggestions.

My edition is "ZMG 7026" which is possibly the first English edition. Is there a card errata list BY EDITION ?

EDIT: contrary to this BBG 4th edition page:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/189116/z-man-game...

This edition does NOT have animeeples -- it was published BEFORE the concept of included them existed. And the box top DOES NOT have the "badges for several awards the game has won."

It seems that they used the old box bottom with a new box top for the edition referenced on that BGG page.

- ZMG7026 is the product code for multiple Z-Man releases.

- Official animeeples first popped up in 2008, the same year Z-Man first published in English. Animeeples were actually included as a preorder bonus for Z-Man's first printing of Agricola, so no English existed prior to the concept of animeeples.

What is your actual question about the editions? Is there a specific box you are attempting to date?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
tumorous wrote:
Gronak wrote:
elboato wrote:
Gronak wrote:
So as of now, April 2015, any newer English editions?

How can I determine what English edition a copy is, other than pulling cards and looking at them -- is there something printed in the rules & on the box?


Take a look there: ;)
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1254312/any-errata-z-man-gam...
and there:
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1083237/new-lookout-store-ag...

AFAIK there are no differences in the rules. It's just a few cards and the code on the box. (this applies to the changes since the "first" english 4th edition from 2012)


Not very helpful; random questions & suggestions.

My edition is "ZMG 7026" which is possibly the first English edition. Is there a card errata list BY EDITION ?

EDIT: contrary to this BBG 4th edition page:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/189116/z-man-game...

This edition does NOT have animeeples -- it was published BEFORE the concept of included them existed. And the box top DOES NOT have the "badges for several awards the game has won."

It seems that they used the old box bottom with a new box top for the edition referenced on that BGG page.

- ZMG7026 is the product code for multiple Z-Man releases.

- Official animeeples first popped up in 2008, the same year Z-Man first published in English.

What is your actual question about the editions? Is there a specific box you are attempting to date?


Yes, the box I have, so I can figure out what the card errata is. All I know is that it is not the first print run in English, but an early run prior to creation of animeeples by third parties.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
cjfoster wrote:
The Taster fix is a change from the German 7th edition of Agricola (English and others forthcoming, presumably). Other changes from German 7e are discussed here.

For general card rulings and errata there's the Unofficial Agricola Compendium (this will probably eventually include the 7e changes).


That first thread above dates from Apr 2011 to Jun 2012, and apparently the German 7th Ed came out in Apr 2011. It seems to have extensive card changes. Is there as of June 2015 any English version with those changes, or better a way to purchase just the English cards with those changes?

The Compendium is dated 2010, so obviously does not include 2011 edition changes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mb
Gronak wrote:
Yes, the box I have, so I can figure out what the card errata is. All I know is that it is not the first print run in English, but an early run prior to creation of animeeples by third parties.

If you know for whatever reason that it isn't the first edition, it could be the second edition:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/174151/z-man-game...

The third edition started to have awards logos on the front, so it sounds like you have something pre-2011.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/191327/z-man-game...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
tumorous wrote:
Gronak wrote:
Yes, the box I have, so I can figure out what the card errata is. All I know is that it is not the first print run in English, but an early run prior to creation of animeeples by third parties.


If you know for whatever reason that it isn't the first edition, it could be the second edition:

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/174151/z-man-game...

The third edition started to have awards logos on the front, so it sounds like you have something pre-2011.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/191327/z-man-game...


The numbering of editions by the publisher seems to differ from the numbering commonly used by English speakers when talking about their boxes. Some English speakers use the publisher's nomenclature and some refer to the order of English editions. I'm thoroughly confused.

For instance, this thread:
https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgameversion/174151/z-man-game...
Runs from mid-2008 through Feb 2011, and titles itself "errors in THE English edition." So an amendment to the original post clarifying that the discussion is superceded by newer edition discussions would be very useful.

By now, isn't there a list that cross references the publishers edition number, the numbering of English editions ONLY, their dates of publication, how to identify them by markings on the boxes, and what cards are wrong & fixed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Toledo
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mb
Gronak wrote:
By now, isn't there a list that cross references the publishers edition number, the numbering of English editions ONLY, their dates of publication, how to identify them by markings on the boxes, and what cards are wrong & fixed?

Probably not. I suppose that most people don't care too much about card errata prior to opening the box.

Hell, I actually don't know what all the card errata is on my copy, and it's one of my favorite games.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bastian Winkelhaus
Germany
Mainz
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Gronak wrote:

That first thread above dates from Apr 2011 to Jun 2012, and apparently the German 7th Ed came out in Apr 2011. It seems to have extensive card changes. Is there as of June 2015 any English version with those changes, or better a way to purchase just the English cards with those changes?

The Compendium is dated 2010, so obviously does not include 2011 edition changes.


No and no, as far as i know.
And correct, the compendium does not include the changes either.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
eL Boato
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Hi!

I am sorry you did not find my links above useful... But all the information is there...

elboato wrote:


Here's a short summary:

joevdh wrote:
I just purchased the ZMan 4th English edition. The cards have NOT been updated to reflect the latest official corrections/clarifications.

Examples: Moldboard Plow still says "Once during the game" (should be "Twice during the game"). Taster still says pay one food (should currently be two food). Brushwood Roof still says "3 occupations" (should be 2 occupations).


I am talking about English 4th editions, some of which DO HAVE these card changes from the latest German release BY NOW!

There is a code on the back of the box, left of the barcode, written vertially, that allows to distinguish editions.

I bought 3 different editions to finally get the new cards. So I have checked these editions --- all are with animeeples:
"ZMAG2012-01" --- old cards
"02-2013017026AB" --- old cards
"03-07026AB2013Q3" --- NEW CARDS

So it seems starting with 2013-Q3 they contain the new cards. Other than that I could not find any difference.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Fielding
msg tools
So the initial English edition had 9-11 card errors, the second English edition had 3, and they remained until some later printing of what the publisher calls "the 4th edition?"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.