Level One Noob(rwinder)United States
MarylandImage courtesy of Smizmazmarlemagne
This is the continuance of my blog posting on updating my Arkham Horror card and chit rack made from LEGO bricks. With the arrival of the revised Curse of the Dark Pharaoh (I'll be using most content from both versions of the expansion) and Miskatonic Horror, the current setup of the LEGO racks was no longer sufficient. So I added a stop-gap green LEGO rack to hold some of the overflow, but I wasn't very happy with how it looked (too monochrome and it didn't fit with the other two).
I thought the easiest change would be to add some black tile trim, which I did first:
This looked a lot better, especially side by side with the existing trays. I also re-organized the contents so that the specialized monster tokens were no longer in this (they were too tall to allow for Nodens cards to be drawn) and so I swapped them with the collection of miscellaneous game mechanic pieces (first player token, gate exploration markers, etc.)
This was a step up, but in my opinion it still looked too blocky next to the other racks which had nice sloping effects, so I swapped out some of the green bricks for the black slopes and ended up with this:
This was not the end of the problems that had to be addressed. Many of the piles in the other racks were now too tall (such as spells and other world encounters). So I adjusted the backs of the racks accordingly:
The final result is shown below.
And done for now! I'm ready once again to resume my Arkham Horror solo adventures (I've played up through 31 of the 48 characters purely solo with some modified rules telling little blog posts along the way and I hope to be done with that effort by the end of summer, moving on to either playing pairs of those who survived to get relationship cards some game time or tackling some of the custom characters I have.)
For those who want to see other LEGO creations I have made to supplement board games: http://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/52814/my-lego-board-game-a...