Brad CummingsUnited States
Name: Take It Easy
Device: iOS Universal
Launch Price: $0.99
Seller/Developer: Zabu Studio
Release, update, price tracking info on Appshopper.com: http://appshopper.com/games/take-it-easy
Based on BGG Entry:Take it Easy!
VGG Entry: None yet.
Notes: Zabu Studios, makers of Thunderstone and Lost Cities on Facebook, have released their first iOS effort, Take It Easy! We will take a closer look at this adaptation and get you a review soon, but it is great to see Zabu make their entry in to the platform. Lets hope Thunderstone is not far behind. Here's the app store description:Zabu Studios wrote:
It’s a puzzle, it’s a brain teaser, it’s a game! It’s all three and much more! It is bingo with strategy! Place your pieces one at a time on the board. Try to form continuous rows of color from edge to edge. But one wrong tile and the whole row is worthless. It gets harder as the number of empty spaces on your board, and your possible choices, diminish. Because once a tile is placed, it can’t be moved!
Take It Easy is a simple, yet surprisingly addictive and thought-provoking game that'll give you endless hours of fun.
• iPad, iPhone & iPhone Retina version all-in-one!
• Three entertaining and visually beautiful game modes to choose from.
• The Classic Mode will introduce you to the game that started it all. Already over a million copies of the award winning board game have been enjoyed by fans worldwide.
• The Puzzle Mode will test your puzzle solving skills with 100 fun and well designed puzzles. This exciting new twist to the game will have you swapping pieces in your sleep. This mode will appeal to puzzle solvers everywhere.
• Last but not least, the Progressive Mode offers 30 stages of different challenges specifically designed for the iOS version. Conquer all 30 stages before time runs out!
• Game Center integration lets you compare high scores with your friends and players around the world. See if you can earn a prestigious spot in the TIE Master leaderboard.
• Over 40 different achievements. Earn points to get that #1 rank and, along the way, win surprising rewards to customize your gameplay.
Hot off the heels of their recent update, Days of Wonder has yet again updated their flagship app, Ticket To Ride Pocket. This time the update includes the 1910 Expansion. Check out more in the press release below:Days of Wonder Press Release wrote:
Ticket to Ride Pocket Adds 1910 Expansion
Ticket to Ride Pocket adds 3 new ways to play the original US map, 35 new destinations and 10 new Player Achievements to popular iPhone board game
Los Altos, CA; Paris, France – February 23, 2012. Days of Wonder, developers of high-quality digital and physical board gaming experiences that “Play DifferentTM”, today announced a major expansion to their best-selling iPhone/iPod Touch board game Ticket to Ride® Pocket. The release provides three new game modes based on the popular 1910 expansion deck, first made popular in the physical board game version of Ticket to Ride, and also available on Ticket to Ride for iPad.
This expansion adds 35 new Destination Tickets to the original set and features three new game play variants on the original US map. The Ticket to Ride USA 1910 expansion variants include: Classic, Mega, and Big Cities that exclusively uses Tickets connected to the US biggest cities. In addition, 10 new Player Achievements for solo play have been added, many of them specific to the new 1910 variants.
“We’re excited to have found a way to squeeze this fun expansion onto iPhone and iPod Touch devices. And as the first to have succeeded in collecting all 10 new achievements, I’m definitively looking forward to seeing who will score higher than 426 in the Mega variant first!” said Days of Wonder Founder and CEO, Eric Hautemont.
The expansion comes on the heels of the release of Ticket to Ride Multi Mode, which allows players to connect for asynchronous multi-game play via GameCenter.
The Ticket to Ride 1910 expansion is available for $.99/€.79 through in-app purchase for owners of version 1.2. Owners of previous versions of Ticket to Ride Pocket can upgrade to version 1.2 for free, but must still purchase the 1910 expansion. For those new to Ticket to Ride Pocket, version 1.2 is available in the App Store for $1.99/€1.59 from the AppStore on the iPhone and iPod Touch or at http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/ticket-to-ride-pocket/id47185...