Revenge of the Raven Consort is the 3rd game in the Lassadar Trilogy (Shadows Upon Lassadar and Sorrow of Salilth are the other 2).
This is a solitaire 'Choose Your Own Adventure' style card game lasting about 20 minutes
Needed to play:
• the 81 cards split into five separate game decks (Quest, Event, Combat, Spell and Win/Loss) each with their own icon and color
• 2d10 - used for combat and d100 percentage rolls (it is suggested that each d10 is a different color)
• 36 wooden cubes (used to mark spells (17), books (8), spirit/mana/fate (3) and combat strength (4) and special bonuses (4) some Event cards give you)
You are trying to find 9 lost books before the Raven Consort and the servants of the Grayking do. Cards are drawn from one of 5 decks (Quest, Combat, Spell, Event and Win/Loss), with each deck forming the basis of the choices you make in the game.
Each of the Quest, Spell and Event cards has a title at the top, text in the middle which must be resolved first, and a series of icons at the bottom.
Once you resolve the text in the middle, you can choose one of the bottom listed actions and draw your next card from that corresponding color deck, discarding the current ‘in play’ card.
The game ends in one of 2 ways:
1. Once 9 books have been recovered by you and/or by the Raven
Consort, the game ends. If you have found the majority of the books you win the game, thwart the Raven Consort and save Lassadar. If the Raven Consort has the majority of the books, she wins and Lassadar is plunged back into misery and darkness.
2. If your spirit falls below 1 on the spirit track you have lost the game and become one of the Raven Consort’s Thralls and you are forever damned.