More details on The Yukon Goldrush 1896'
Lost Valley: The Yukon Goldrush 1896 brings new twists and enhancements to the classic board game Lost Valley through the new additions to the gameplay on top of balance tweaks.
• Stake Your Claim: This module allows players to "claim" a single goldmine that they build. While it won't prevent others from using the gold mine, it will require that any other player who uses the gold mine to pay you a small fee of one good, which you can collect when you return to the gold mine.
• The Experienced Prospector: This module grants players a single experience point every time a player constructs a building improvement that other players can use (gold mine, fish trap, etc). Players can on their turn use two experience points to learn a new ability for their prospector, such as the scout (who is able to look at two land tiles and select which one to place when expanding the map) or the adventurer (who can look at event tiles before deciding to take on the event). These abilities can make or break your prospector's chances of striking it rich.
• The Treasure Hunter: This module adds a third path to victory to the base game. This module replaces some of the event tokens with clues as to where the buried treasure is located. These "clues" correspond to one of the five types of terrain in the game: water, forest, bottomland, wasteland and mountain. You find the treasure by using the clues that you have collected to search for an intersection that matches the clues in your hand. For example, if you had two river clues, one mountain clue and one forest clue, you would need to find an intersection where these and only these four terrain types come together. When you locate the treasure, you gain a bounty of gold nuggets.
• Team Rules: This module for experienced players allows teams of prospectors to work together to explore the Lost Valley. In this mode only the lowest scoring of the team-mates score will count towards the win, so you need to make sure that both team-mates are succeeding in the Lost Valley!
• 2 Player Mode: Using the Team Rules the game can now be played by 2 players!
• 6 Player Mode: Enough components have been added to the game to increase the number of players to 6.
• Classic Mode: This mode strips out most of the improvements to the game and returns the game to the classic gameplay from the 2004 smash hit!