Power Grid: Northern Europe/United Kingdom & Ireland is a pair of expansions for Power Grid that includes twelve new power plant cards exclusive for Northern Europe!
• Northern Europe: The seven countries in Northern Europe use very different energy sources for their electricity production. Depending on which regions are chosen the players will be confronted with a changed set of power plants.
• United Kingdom & Ireland: The players can operate two different networks on these two isles. With no direct connection between Ireland and Great Britain, starting the second network costs the player dearly. Additionally, this region changed from a resource exporter to an importer in a very short time, so »Step 3« starts earlier when playing on this map.
The Power Grid game rules leave it up to players to decide on how to determine the areas to use in any particular game. I have decided to come up with a way to randomly choose starting areas. By using the randomiser tables, you can just roll dice to determine starting areas. I came up with these tables so that when determining which areas to use, every possible combination of areas will have an equal chance of being used. The tables list all legal combination of areas for a 3, 4 or 5 area game. Simply roll the dice indicated on the table and look up the list of areas. Where the table says, "Re-roll", re-roll all dice until a result other that "Re-roll" comes up.
Because resupply rate affects strategy / game play, I created these Resource Resupply Table Cards meant for individual players for this pair of maps.
1) Same size as Power Grid Power Plant cards
2) Resources match the board game's resource colour
3) Can be printed back to back if your printer is good.