THE BATTLE FOR FARMINGDALE
States of SiegeTM #9
Arising once again from the grave, from designer Hermann Luttmann and lavishly illustrated by Vinh Ha, arises Dawn of the Zeds Second Edition as you've never seen it before. In this States of Siege™ solitaire game of horror and survival, your strategies will be put to the test. The world has gone crazy – a deadly virus has turned ordinary people into vicious, zombie-like killers. The undead, nicknamed "Zeds," are now converging on your corner of the world. You have been left to your own devices to stop them while the National Guard organizes a relief column and fights its way to you – but that could take days, or even weeks, before they arrive.
At the town of Farmingdale and its surrounding villages, you must coordinate its defenses. Regular citizens may emerge as heroes as you work to halt the Zeds' advances by (re)killing them, discovering and implementing a cure to this vile scourge, and preserving the area and its inhabitants as much as possible. In addition to this madness, the crazy Doctor Marteuse has been working in the underground tunnels and unleashing his uber-deadly Super Zeds, a nasty bunch of beasts that give havoc a whole new name. Bring him to justice, destroy the infectious Zeds, and save your city from peril!
In a game that requires the utmost test of skill and nerve, will you survive long enough? Will you be able to fight hordes of Zeds while protecting the townspeople? Test your heroics and unearth Dawn of the Zeds, a game that will keep you on your toes!
What's New in 2nd Edition:
- Contains a Tutorial Scenario for beginners, in addition to Classic and Walking Zeds Scenarios
- Never before seen cards and counters, including the dreadful Super Zeds
- Three different game lengths to choose from: Short, Standard, and Campaign Game
- Four new Heroes: Wright, Kingman, Wilson, and Carter
- An additional 5th track (the Tunnel Track)
- All new and beautiful artwork
- Bigger cards
- A completely new, two-sided map (for each Scenario)
- Several uniquely-shaped, colorful, laser-cut counters
Number of Players: 1 brave soul (with cooperative multi-player play included)
Ages: 13 and up
Playing Time: Approximately 45-90 minutes
Complexity: 4 on a 9 scale (Intro), 6 on a 9 scale (Advanced)
Solitaire Suitability: 9 on a 9 scale
Scale: Each unit represents a single Hero plus their entourage, dozens of citizens, and hundreds of Zeds.
What's In The Box?:
• One 24-page Rules booklet (Extended Example of Play included)
• 123 thick, two-sided, multi-shaped, laser-cut game pieces
• 100 cards
• One 11” x 17” two-sided color game map
• One two-sided 8.5"x11" Player Aid
• One two-sided 8.5"x11" Player Mat
• One 4-page Quick Play booklet
• One Quick Play Set Up sheet
• Two six-sided 12mm dice
• One 11” x 17” mounted, two-sided, jigsaw-cut game map
• One bright red, 9" x 11 7/8" Deluxe cardboard VPG game box
• One beautiful box cover sleeve
• One "Wipes-A-Lot" napkin
• One charcoal dessicant packet
Polybag version has the paper board, not the mounted board.
Newer prints will also include the updated, Tim Allen map spanning 2 11"x17" paper boards.