1 Playboard - Consisting of the Arena (56 spaces) with outer track (34 spaces). 2 Storage Compartments - Consisting 24 playing pieces, 12 black, 12 white. Lion embossed on one side, hollow on the other.
Object of the game
The winner is the player who is first to arrange 5 of his own pieces in an uninterrupted vertical, horizontal or diagonal line anywhere on the playboard (including the outer track).
Both players place your 12 pieces lion side up in the storage compartment on your side of the playboard. Black always starts.
Moves you can make
1. Move a piece from the storage compartment to any position in the arena (hollow side up)
2. Move a piece from the storage compartment to any free position on the outer track (lion side up).
3. Move a piece in the arena (hollow side up) one space vertically or horizontally. If it moves to the outer track turn it lion side up.
4. Move a lion piece one space vertically, horizontally or Diagonally.
5. Slide a lion space around the outer track to any other free space (no jumping).
That's it. A simple game with a bit more going on then Pente. The rules are in 10 languages.