"Back to the Future- the Board Game", is based on not one, but three films released in the 1980's. ("Back to the Future", "Back to the Future Part II", and "Back to the Future Part III".
You take the role of Marty, (played by Michael J. Fox in the films), and the objective of the game is to travel through 4 different time-zones and rescue Doc Emmett Brown from 1885, where he is trapped in time.
To travel through the game, and time, you will need a number of items, as used by Marty & Doc in the films:
- Delorean car, Time Flux Capacitator, to time travel
- Plutonium to power the Time Flux Capacitator
- 88 m.p.h. of speed to propel the car through time
- the famous Hoverboard used by Marty in Back to the Future II, & III
- the Clock Tower used by Doc in the original film to send Marty home
You will also encounter a number of problems on your time travels, including Biff - Marty's infamous adversary - and the time warp, which can send you back or forward in time.
1 x playing board
1 x dice
4 x playing pieces & stands
40 x Black Speed Cards (32 x Gain Speed & 8 x Lose Speed)
32 x Blue Item Cards (8 x Plutonium, 8 x Biff, 8 x Delorean, 8 x Time Flux Capacitator)
16 x Yellow Hoverboard cards
12 x Yellow Clock cards
1 x Rules Leaflet