This game is intended to replicate the feel of space combat as it appears on the new Battlestar Galactica show that airs weekly on the SciFi channel.
To play the game you will need:
- Miniatures or counters to represent the spaceships
- Miniatures or counters to represent missiles and torpedoes (a lot of them!)
- Several each of six sided, eight sided, ten sided, and twelve sided dice (d6,d8,d10,d12)
Note: In some places you will be required to roll one or more d9’s. To roll a d9, roll a d10 normally, but treat the 10 as a zero.
- Printouts of the ship combat record for each ship participating in the battle
- A battle mat marked in hexes large enough to accommodate your ship models/counters.
The game is designed to be simple to learn and fast paced, yet still provide an engaging tactical experience that will provide countless hours of fun.
The object of the game is to destroy your enemy’s fleet. The cylons accomplish that by hanging back with their carriers and sending wave after wave of missiles and fighters at the colonial fleet, possibly accompanied by Cylon battleships, trying to overwhelm the Colonial defenses.
Conversely, the colonials want to get in as close as possible to the cylon base carriers so that they can pound them into so much scrap with their powerful rail guns.
You may also wish to create scenarios with other objectives as well, perhaps based on sequences from the show, such as the battle at Ragnar Station, or simply scenarios you dream up yourself.