From the back of the box:
The Setting - London, England in the year 1603.
The Players - You and your friends, all Elizabethan actors.
The Plot - Dash and duel your way around the Globe Theater board. Watch out for stage mishaps, missed cues, and even the plague while you collect scenes - plot lines, quotations, and characters - from Shakespeare's latest plays.
A Happy Ending - to win, collect and perform the most scenes. No acting necessary, unless you want to!
To Act or Not to Act - Beginners to experts can play together on these four levels.
1. Novice: You know nothing about Shakespeare's plays and just want to have fun. To "perform" a scene, simply lay down matching sets of cards, Rummy-style.
2. Apprentice: You're not familiar with a play, but want to be by the end of the game. To "perform," answer easy questions.
3. Scholar: You know the play, and want to review it or learn more about it. To "perform," answer tougher questions.
4. Actor's Choice: You love to act, but may or may not know the play well. To "perform," memorize and recite lines - with feeling! - one short scene at a time.
What's Inside -
- Master Card Set: Hamlet, Julius Caesar, Romeo and Juliet
- Globe Theater game board
- 6 Actor Playing Pieces
- 1 Die
- Booklet with rules, background, and a recommended reading list