Go deep behind enemy lines at Sword Beach as you airdrop in to capture the bridges of the Orne… Join Guderian’s famed Panzers as they battle the armored columns of the British Expeditionary Forces… Sign on for Operation Crusader to take on Rommel in the deserts of North Africa and liberate the garrison in Tobruk…
The Memoir ‘44 Breakthrough Expansion will take you deep into the battles of World War II with two, double-sided, 9-panel board maps covering all four Memoir ‘44 map environments - countryside, beach, winter and deserts. These oversize boards stretch the limit of current printing technology and are 13 x 17 hexes deep, opening up the Breakthrough format to new, more expansive scenarios.
The Breakthrough Expansion includes 15, never-in-print-before scenarios, created by Jacques “jdRommel” David, and Memoir ‘44 author, Richard Borg. These scenarios cover the Western and Eastern Fronts, as well as the Mediterranean and Pacific Theaters and include classic battles such as: Operation Crusader; Operation Amherst; and two different renditions of Sword Beach - all designed for the 13 x 17 hex Breakthrough format.
Scenario List: (forces; expansion requirements in addition to the basic game)
01. Counter-Attack of the BEF: Western Front - Inland (Great Britain/France vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Mediterranean Theater, Pacific Theater)
02. Battle of Abbeville: Western Front - Inland (France vs. Germany; Terrain Pack)
03. Sword Beach: Western Front - Beach (Great Britain vs. Germany; none)
04. Breakthrough to the Beach: Western Front - Beach (Great Britain vs. Germany; 2nd Memoir '44 base game, Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater, Mediterranean Theater)
05. Coldstream Hill: Western Front - Inland (Great Britain vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater)
06. Breakthrough at Mortain: Western Front - Inland (US vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater, Air Pack, Battle Map)
07. The Surrender of Elsters Column: Western Front - Inland (French Resistance vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Air Pack)
08. Noville to Foy: Western Front - Winter (US vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Eastern Front, Terrain Pack, Battle Map, Campaign Book 1)
09. Operation Amherst: Western Front - Inland (France vs. Germany; Terrain Pack)
10. Operation Crusader: Mediterranean Theater - Desert (Great Britain vs. Germany/Italy; Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater, Mediterranean Theater)
11. Battle of Alam El Halfa: Mediterranean Theater - Desert (Great Britain vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Mediterranean Theater, Air Pack)
12. Nach Moskau!: Eastern Front - Winter (Soviet Union vs. Germany; Terrain Pack, Eastern Front, Pacific Theater, Air Pack)
13. The Tatsinskaya Raid: Eastern Front - Winter (Soviet Union vs. Germany; Eastern Front, Air Pack)
14. Battle of Prokhorovka: Eastern Front - Inland (Soviet Union vs. Germany; Eastern Front, Air Pack, Battle Map)
15. Manado Landings: Pacific Theater - Beach (Japan vs. Netherlands; 2nd Memoir '44 base set, Terrain Pack, Pacific Theater, Air Pack, Campaign Book)
The designers suggest shuffling two decks of Command Cards together if available.
This is the Normandy Beach with the "Funnies" tanks. The Canadians and the British are to take Juno Beach and move to take an airfield west of Caen. The Canadian 2nd Armored Brigade provided tank support via "Duplex Drive" Sherman tanks. But the 21st Panzer Division is held in reserve north of Caen, will the Brits and Canadians be able to take the beach and the airfield?
This is my newest breakthrough scenario: Bloody Omaha Beach. This scenario features Engineers, Mortar SWA, US Army Rangers, and a Sturmgeschutz assault gun unit!
Revision, The number of hedgehogs has been fixed! I had 15 when there are 12 available.
After more play-testing, I made further changes and added a set up page showing the units in this scenario with some rules. I play-tested this, and this is what it should have been in the first place! I am sorry for not doing enough play-testing before, I don't often get people to play M44 with. I hope you like this better than before.