(from the Introduction to the 3rd Edition:)
The Gamer's Guide to Diplomacy is devoted to the presentation of authoritative articles on the strategy, variation, history and hobby of Diplomacy, gaming's premier multi-player challenge.
The 64 page Gamers Guide to Diplomacy is a guide to playing the game of Diplomacy including strategy when dealing with different countries on the map. The guide contains, among other items:
-The Art of Diplomacy
-The Power and the Glory
-Spice of Life
-Clubs and Tournaments
-Diplomatic postal Past
-I'm Glad You Asked
The invention of Diplomacy
Book measures: 8.5x11x.18
3rd Edition Table of Contents
- The Introduction: An Introduction to the Game by Lewis Pulsipher
- European Tour: Opening Strategies for the Great Powers by Fassio, Holley, Hood, et. al [Contains * Extensive Strategies]
- Stages: Thoughts on the MidGame and EndGame by David Hood
- The Power and the Glory: Triple Alliances in DIPLOMACY by Mark L. Berch
- Spices of Life: The Story of DIPLOMACY Variants by Fred C. Davis, Jr.
- Abstraction II: A DIPLOMACY Variant by Fred C. Davis, Jr.
- Clubs & Tournaments: Face-to-Face DIPLOMACY by Burrard W. Eddy
- Diplomatic Postal Past: A Brief and Informal History by Jim Meinel
- Diplomacy On-Line: Playing the Electronic Game by Peter T. Szymonik
- I'm Glad You Asked... Questions Novices Have Always Wanted Answers to... by Steve Langley
- Leviathan: A GM's View of Game 1988HW
- The Invention of Diplomacy: A Brief Background on the Design by Allan B. Calhamer
The 36 page Gamers Guide to Diplomacy is a guide to playing the game of Diplomacy including strategy when dealing with different countries on the map. The guide contains, among other items:
-Introduction and Development of Diplomacy
-Elements of the Game
-Playing the Game (The Strategy and Tactics of Diplomacy)
-A sample game
-Clubs and Tournaments
-Questions and answers
Book measures: 8.5 x 11 x 0.18
1st Edition Table of Contents
- Elements of the Game: 8 tips on playing style, including Communication, Stalemates and Cheating!
- Playing the Game: The Strategy and Tactics of DIPLOMACY (includes guides to the 7 powers and stages of the game)
- A Sample Game
- Postal DIPLOMACY
- Diplomacy Variants - including the inventors original (1958) design
- Clubs and Tournaments
- Questions and Answers
The 1st and 2nd Editions were authored by Rod Walker, 3rd Edition by Rex A. Martin.