This Historical Advanced Squad Leader module was many years in the making but has finally been released. It depicts the stand of Rodmistev's 13th Guards Division in the crucible of Stalingrad! This module contains two Red Barricades: ASL Historical Module 1-style maps, NKVD troops, more commissars, and new terrain types for urban combat.
There are 17 scenarios and 4 campaign games included: one short 'mini-CG' using a small map section and lasting four CG dates for a total of seven possible scenarios (due to the option of counterattack scenarios); one short CG using the entire map and lasting five CG dates (seven possible scenarios); one large CG lasting nine CG dates (14 possible scenarios); and a 'monster' CG lasting 14 CG dates (22 possible scenarios). All except the mini use the entire map.
Advanced Squad Leader and Beyond Valor: ASL Module 1 are required for play.
(from MMP's website:)
The Battle of Stalingrad 1942-43 - simply the most savage urban battle in the history of man. Valor of the Guards, the seventh Historical ASL module, takes ASL players to the streets of downtown Stalingrad where the German 6th Army and the Soviet 62nd Army would clash for weeks ending with the surrender of the German Army in January of 1943.
The map for Valor of the Guards encompasses a vast area, extending from the north of the 9th January Square to the south of the Square of Fallen Heros ("Red Square") and from the west of the Stalingrad-1 Rail Station to the banks of the Volga and the critical ferry landings in the east. The hand-painted artwork of Don Petros brings the tortured landscape of the ruined city to life. New terrain types like gutted and partially collapsed buildings and rail cars give veterans of Red Barricades new challenges in their continued conquest or defense of Stalingrad!
Valor of the Guards contains:
- 2 22"x32" mapsheets
- 5 countersheets
- ASL rules chapter V (V1-V32, O1-O6) (new terrain and 4! Campaign Games)
- Campaign Game Roster & Purchase Record
- 17 scenarios (see below for more info)
- 2 Chapter Dividers w/useful CG holding boxes
- VotG1- The First Bid - 19 turns
- VotG2- Russe! Drown in the Wolga! - 6 turns
- VotG3- Khopka's Crossing - 5.5 turns
- VotG4- The Last Fifteen - 6 turns
- VotG5- The Specialists' House - Part 1 is 5 turns;Part 2 is 5 turns
- VotG6- Enter Dragan - 7 turns
- VotG7- Storming the Station - 7 turns
- VotG8- Hammer and Nail - 5 turns
- VotG9- Eviction Notice - 4.5 turns
- VotG10- The Darkest Day - 6.5 turns
- VotG11- A Dangerous Possibility - 4.5 turns
- VotG12- Siberian Shockwave - 8.5 turns
- VotG13- Escape from Komsomol Park - 5.5 turns
- VotG14- Pavlov's House - 5.5 turns
- VotG15- Perfected in Battle - 6 turns
- VotG16- Under Murderous Fire - 6 turns
- VotG17- On The Verge of Extinction - 6.5 turns