(from MMP's website :)
The ASL Journal #8 is a 60-page magazine of nothing but articles, scenarios, and support materials for Advanced Squad Leader.
The Table of Contents for ASL Journal #8 looks like this:
- Carl Nogueira shows you the proper way to grease the treads of your tank in Crosstown Traffic — a detailed look at the rules for Vehicular Overrun.
- Mark Pitcavage teaches new ASL players how to lose some of that new player shine in The Agony of Defeat.
- Lars Thuring and Tuomo Lukkari take us on a tour of the upcoming Finn module Hakkaa Päälle!
- Matt Shostak provides a detailed scenario analysis of scenario J74 Priests on the Line
- David Olie shows you what you can do at setup with all that cool stuff you get on your scenario card in A Place For Your Stuff.
- Jim Stahler gives us a detailed breakdown of the scenarios in Turning The Tide.
- Ian Daglish provides designer's notes on the conception and birth of Action Pack 4: Normandy 1944.
- Bret Hildebran and J.R. Tracy take us on a detailed look at their defensive setups for scenario J113 Maczek Fire Brigade
And there are 16 ASL scenarios:
J113 Maczek Fire Brigade (Novy Targ, Poland, 4 September 1939); Germans vs. Polish
J114 The Marketplace at Wormhoudt (Wormhoudt, France, 28 May 1940); Germans vs. British
J115 Last Push to Mozhaisk (Mozhaisk, Russia, 17 October 1941); Germans vs. Russians
J116 Brigade Hill (Efogi, Papua, 8 September 1942); Japanese vs. Australian
J117 The Triangle (Buna Mission, Papua, 21 November 1942); Japanese vs. Americans
J118 Elephants Unleashed (Ponyri, Russia, 5 July 1943); Germans vs. Russians
J119 Sovkhoz Haystacks (Telman Sovkhoz, Crimea, 28 January 1944); Germans vs Russians
J120 Ishun Tank Traps (Ishun, Crimea, 11 April 1944); Germans vs. Russians
J121 Schloss Hemingstein (Brandscheid, Germany, 14 September 1944); Germans vs. Americans
J122 Bloody Bois Jacques (Bastogne, Belgium, 22 December 1944); Germans vs. Americans
J123 Charging Chaumont (Chaumont, Belgium, 23 December 1944); Germans vs. Americans
J124 The Cobra Kings (Assenois, Belgium, 25 December 1944); Germans vs. Americans
J125 Everything is Lost (Berlin, Germany, 30 April 1945); Germans vs. Russians
VotG 19 Cellar Dwellars (Central Stalingrad, 17 September 1942); Germans vs. Russians
VotG 20 Terror at Twilight (Central Stalingrad, 18 September 1942); Germans vs. Russians
VotG 21 Defending the Voentorg (Central Stalingrad, 22 September 1942); Germans vs. Russians