User summary, based on information from Japanese Wikipedia:
Konami Digital Entertainment or KDE, is a Japanese company focusing on the development and publishing of computer games and character goods and the publishing of books.
The company was founded as a child company of Konami's in March 2006 as a result of the reforming of the Konami group in 2005, in which among other things, all the separate game developpers that had gone independent during 1995–1998 (KCET, KCEJ, KCEO etc) were again bought by Konami.
All these production companies were rebranded as "Internal production studios", and were allowed to keep their own brands. Among them are:
- Kojima Production (formerly Kojima group/KCE Japan, Metal Gear series)
- Powerpro Production (formerly Diamond Head/KCE Osaka, Live Baseball series)
- Winning Eleven Production (former KCE Tokyo)
- Bemani Production (former AM group/GM group, Bemani series)
Now disbanded intern studios:
- Virtual Kids (former KCE Tokyo, Tokimeki Memorial series)
- Major Ace (former KCE Osaka, World Soccer series, Perfect Striker series)
Intern studios that have gone independent after the forming of KDE:
- Beatnation label (music production and composing for the Bemani series)
In 2007 KDE bought and merged with Mega Cyber.
They have the following webpages:
KDE (Japan) www.konami-digital-entertainment.co.jp
KDE Inc (US) www. konami-digital-entertainment.com
KDE B.V. (UK) www. konami.co.uk
KDE HmbH (DE) www. konami-digital-entertainment.de
KDE Ltd (HK) www.konami-digital-entertainment.hk