1960: The Making of the President Game Engine v2.0
IMPORTANT! This version of the spreadsheet has been tested and certified to run under both the 32-bit and 64-bit editions of Excel 2010
WARNING! The spreadsheet and game log can NOT be added to a compressed file if the spreadsheet and game log are located on a compressed drive. Please ensure the spreadsheet and game log are stored/saved on an *uncompressed* drive if you intend to automate the sending of the spreadsheet and game log as an e-mail attachment.
Description: The 1960:MotP Game Engine allows players to engage in a complete game of 1960: The Making of the President using PBEM (Play By E-mail), Dropbox http://www.dropbox.com/
) or to track the progress of a sit-down game. The spreadsheet supports Excel 2003 or greater and also integrates with Microsoft Outlook (i.e. not Outlook Express) to automate the sending of the spreadsheet by e-mail.
- Game Mechanics: All game-specific actions are supported (ex. adding State Support, performing Support Checks, the Debates, etc.).
- Player Login: Secure login for each player's respective Candidate (ex. Name, E-mail and Password).
- Card Management: All aspects of Card handling managed in-game (ex. dealing/viewing Cards, drawing/discarding Cards, playing Cards, etc.)
- Variants: Provides a voting mechanism for players to choose a number of in-game "variants".
- Statistics: Extensive, real-time statistics in order to assist both tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Analysis: Card-based statistics and logging for in-game assessment and post-game review.
- Automation: Routine, in-game "house-keeping" tasks automated (ex. Initiative Check, End-Turn Actions, Momentum Phase, etc.).
- Rule Enforcement: All game rules are enforced to mitigate player error and aid game learning.
- Event Tracking: All Card-based Events are tracked, viewable and enforced.
- Game Logging: All game actions are logged, viewable and sent by e-mail (if desired).
- Flexibility: Turns can be performed at each player's convenience and from anywhere in the world.
- Reference: Game rules, Card list and Strategy Planner included for ease of reference.
- Registration: Opt-in for information and game updates.
- Community: Connect with other players on BGG (http://www.BoardGameGeek.com
) from all over the world.
- Help: Have a question? Send an e-mail help request in-game.
- Free: No strings attached! Have fun!
If you have any questions, encounter any issues or would like to provide feedback, don't hesitate to contact me. Enjoy!
Also, check out the Twilight Struggle Game Engine here:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/34716