Registration Reopened: 2012 Speedy Delivery Box of Thrifty Generosity - Sign-Up, Register, and (eventually) Report Your Items
- Paul Boos(pmboos)United States
Initial registration had only 2 folks + myself for 3 people. I'd like to see if there is further interest in this. So registration has been reopened.Recommend
This list is for a Medium Flat Rate Box intended for smaller games.
The rules have changed a bit from previous boxes, please pay attention to the following; so here's how it will work:
1) Folks will register on this list (IT WILL START EMPTY). Registration will close sometime on the evening of 25 March 2012 OR when the list hits 35 people. This was the weighted average of votes on my recent set of polls. This will mean there are actually 36 people on the list as I don't count myself; this makes it easy, as soon as there are 35, I'll add myself and voila, we have a completed list. After that, the list will turn into a reporting list. If you register immediately send me your address so I can get this box out before Spring Break starts on 30 March as we are going away for a week.
2) When you receive the box, simply take out 0 to all games out of the box. Replace them with at least 5 games. You are allowed to add more. You can also place games within games to maximize the number that ship. 5 is the minimum number of games you are allowed to have in the box.
3) Post what you took out on THIS registration list (which will turn into a report your finds list). You must post to the list; if you took nothing out of the box, post that you took nothing and passed it along. At no time do you reveal any games that remain in the box. Also look over the list and mark the game off the list from whatever person's entry it resides by...
Also post whether there is a duplicate of any game in the box - not what the duplicate is, but that there is a duplicate.
4) Select a person to send to... You can select folks that are easier for you to ship to or by games you think they will enjoy based on what is in the box.
5) When you select the person, mark them off the list included in the box - ensure this list stays with the box as it goes around. It will essentially be a list of the people with their addresses! Also write down the games you are adding to the box! (I plan to create an infographic of how long the games traveled in terms of segments with it...) This didn't happen last time and I think it will be a fun thing to do... NOTE: The infographic will not have names on it; it will be the length of time a game stayed in the box.
NOTE: you are free to choose which medium rate priority box you want to use to accommodate the size of the games you are shipping.
Proper participation is on your honor, but I believe we geeks can do this without State oversight.
I'll be starting us off and I'll be the end of the chain (i.e. I'll be on this list with the expectation I am last). When it gets back to me, the chain is complete.
When you register, please provide the following details:
+ your user name
+ your location: city and state (based on the earlier poll,
this will be limited to the US and Canada) ALSO, email me your full address,
so I can add it to the list in the box.
+ dates you know you will not be around for more than 4-5 days,
that way people can avoid sending to you as the next person in the chain
when you aren't around
+ 4 games that you are currently enjoying (and a why you like them if you like),
+ 4 you have seen more than once on the thrift lists you want -
the first game you are interested in should be the Geeklist entry item
to catch people's attention,
+ 4 things you like in games (mechanics, themes, etc.)
This can be used to help guide people to select what they add into the box for you.
For this list, YOU MUST be a Thrift Guild member to participate. It isn't that hard to join the best community within BGG.
All games exchanged in this Exchange are expected to be Thrift finds. They are not required to be though. This means they may have tape or writing on the boxes, box damage (dishing, split corners), and possibly copies of the rules. All game pieces (or at least nice SUITABLE replacements) will be present for the minimum # of 5 games. Additional games could be parts copies or parts could be put in the box to fill space and be prototype pieces.
By joining this list, you 1) understand and agree to these rules and 2) promise you will ship any item to the person to be gifted within 3 standard work days to the best of your ability. Additionally, based on feedback, that you use a delivery confirmation.
I'll be having some form of contest, so standby and watch the list comments.
- [+] Dice rolls