This Year (2011), I'm thrifting for you!
- Kent FletcherUnited States
Utah"But existing is practically all I do."
***ATTENTION*** Please Read 1/10/12
As some of you may already know, A new list has been created byRyan TharpUnited States
MissouriHobby game designer, please print and play my games!
What does this mean for this 2011 list?
1. Well first of all, your requests from this list are not carrying over to the new list. I know this may upset some of you and I apologize. There was just no easy way to do it. It was discussed in the discussion thread and fifisdead decided it was best to start the 2012 list off fresh and I agreed. If you want to continue requesting the same game I would strongly encourage you to go to the new list and see if you can still make the request. On the upside, there may be a game you couldn't request on this list but is now available on the new list. So hurry over and make your request. Sorry I didn't post this earlier but I didn't expect the new list to go up as quickly as it did.
2. As for this list. I will keep it open through the end of Jan. This is to allow extra time for those still working out the fulfillment of games. You can still add games to the list but I would strongly encourage you make any new requests on the new lists. This list will officially close at the end of the month and all requests will be considered expired. Again, I encourage you to go to the new list and make your new requests there.
The Back Story
Hi. My name is Kent and I am addicted to thrifting. I've been treasure hunting at thrift stores since the day I got my drivers lisence. I'm always looking for clothes, books, records, video games, and of course boardgames. Back in 2005 I discovered BGG. One of the first things that grabbed my attention was the weekly thrift lists. I had been thrifting games long before this but now I had a place to show off my finds to people who might actually care. I've had a lot of fun over the past 5 years posting the games I found and of course seeing all the great stuff other thrifters were finding. But now I've got a problem. I'm reaching a point where I feel there is not a lot more left for me to find. I've nearly ran out of grails. Last year I had some great finds but most either ended up traded or sold. I find that it's becoming harder and harder to find games that I want to keep and play. Added to this is the fact that my collection has just gotten too big and there is no more space. I don't want to quit thrifting though. I enjoy it too much. So I've decided to do something different this year. This year I will thrift for YOU.
So the purpose of this geeklist is to provide a place for you to ask me to find a game for you. I will keep a list of the games to take with me on my thrift adventures. If I find the game you requested for less than $5, it's yours. It's that simple. Well sort of, there are a few rules. Please read all of the following before participating.
1. Anyone with a BGG, RPGG, or VGG account is eligible to ask for a game.
2. To ask me to look for a game, just add the game as an item to this geeklist. You can only ask for one game at a time. If I find the game you asked for, after you recieve it you can then ask for another.
* I will allow you to change your request to a different game as long as the new game has not already been requested and you inform me so I can take your original game off the list.
3. You cannot ask for a game that I am currently looking for, for someone else. This will be first come first serve based on when the item was added to the geeklist. To see the latest list of games requested, click the link at the bottom of the header.
4. You are not required to write anything in your item, but if you want to tell why you want the game it will be appreciated. Also, you might want to tell me if you would be fine with an incomplete or terrible condition copy of the game.
5. The game is free. I'm not going to charge you for it's value or even what I payed for it. Seriously. If I find Magic Realm, and you asked me to find it for you, it's yours no charge. I do require that you reimburse the actuall shipping cost rounded down to the nearest dollar. If I got really lucky this year and found a ton of games for people, I could go broke real quick just from the shipping. The games will be shipped via USPS but I'll let you select the method (priority, ground etc.). Please be aware that for International shipping, USPS Priority may be the only option.
6. There are a few games that I will keep if I find them. five actually, and I've listed them as the
first five items on this geeklistbelow. These are off limits until I find them. Other than that, you can ask for any boardgame, videogame, or RPG that you like. If you ask for War of the Ring Collectors edition, You'll probably will be dissapointed. But... I would have said the same thing about Up Front and I found that last year.
Azhanti High Lightning
John Carter: Warlord of Mars
Star Wars: The Queen's Gambit
Anything HeroscapeSince I've already recieved more than one offer to send me Heroscape stuff, I've decided to scratch it from my list. Request away but maybe try to ask for specific Heroscape items as one user already has.
*I will add this caveat. My intent is not to make you money or find trade fodder for you. Please only ask for games that you either want to play or want to add to your collection permanently. Don't ask for Cashflow 101 unless you really want to play it. It will make me sad to send you a valuable game I found only to see you turn around and sell it in the marketplace or use it to trade up in a math trade.
7. Please do not post trade offers or offers to sell the games on this list. That is not intended to be a trade list or auction. If you want to step in and provide a game you have found at a thriftstore then you must adhere to rules above. Especially relating to rule 5. Anyone posting a game to this list should only be expected to cover the shipping cost. If you want to geekmail someone a trade offer or sell offer because you saw the item they listed here, no problem. Just don't make your offer anywhere on this list.
8. NEW RULE Benning now, it is required that when your request is fulfilled or you are at least confident that it is being fulfilled, that you update the geeklist item with the word FULFILLED. Preferably in bold and larger print. Once this is done, it will allow two things:
1. You may request another game that is not currently being requested.
2. Someone else can request the game that you previously requested (As per rule 3 above).
These two things should not happen until the item has been updated as described above.
I also ask that you notify me via gm when you update your item so I can remove it from the request list in the discussion thread. It's the list I take with me to the thrift stores so I would like to keep it as up to date as possible.
9. I reserve the right to add or change any rule if it becomes necessary.
Sorry I know this header is long. Feel free to take a chance on my thrifting luck. I'm not nearly as good as some of the thrifters on this site but I think I can hold up my own.
ANNOUNCEMENT 1/18/11> Please Read
I added a new rule with specific instructions on how to update your item once your request has been fulfilled. If those few who have already had their fulfilled could edit thier post according to rule 8 that would be great. But since the rule was not in place at the time, this is not required.
Hopefully this will be the last change/addition I will need to make to the rules. In case something else comes up though, I will first post about the change in the discussion thread so you guys can offer your input and advice. Here is the link to the thread if you would like to subscribe:http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/6109666#6109666.
1.31.11 It was pointed out on the discussion thread that it would be very helpful if updates were posted to the geeklist item once the game has been found/offered (gm sent, on the way, etc.). This will help those who are creating a list of games to look for by printing out this geeklist. With the updates, they will be able to see if a game has already been found so they don't buy it. This is not a requirement but it would be very helpful to those who want to help look but don't want to spend money on a game that has already been offered. Thanks!
Thats all for the moment. Have fun and happy thrifting everyone!
Requests Fulfilled List Game, Recipient, Method (Thrift or Gift).
1. Shadowlord!, UndeadViking, Gift from RiffRaff
2. Harry Potter TCG, LostDice, Gift from Greeneuva
3. Feudal, Renaissance Man, Gift from Larryjrice
4. Gammarauders, Aljovin, Gift from OriginalDM
5. Civilization (AH), Indigopotter, Gift from Raithe
6. Can't Stop, Tinypocket, Thrift find from Armadillo Al
7. Split, axarca, Gift from Indigopotter
8. Think It, Link It, jadzia_dax, Gift from raenman
9. Ultra Marines (rules), mcdrunk, Gift from Sam and Max
10. Heimlich & Co., kevintlee, Gift from tinkha
11. Hey That's My Fish, belial1134, Girft from OriginalDM
12. Battle Masters, itsharold, Gift from OriginalDM
13. Scan, Dormammu, Gift from jlinsey
14. Clue: The Great Museum Caper, wilesps, Gift from Kilgore_Smores
15. Quarto!, Nater, Gift from Kilgore_Smores
16. BattleBall, jonnylawless, Gift from Steve Leach
17. Heroscape, Frankenfletch, Gift from Steve Leach
18. Bohnanza, philomars, Gift from Katydad
19. Blokus Trigon, airship51, Gift from bmaxwellsmith
20. British Rails, Jenkachu, Gift from Scoutmom
21. Powerpuff Girls Villians at Large, Thorgn, Gift from Steve Leach
22. The Extraordinary Adventures of Baron Munchausen, axarca, Gift from Impr3ssion
23. Battleball, MrMountie, gift from geralgina
24. Netrunner, garry_rice, gift from gordon1018
25. The Classic Dungeon, Odkin, gift from generalgina
26. Settlers of Catan, ntar, gift from garry_rice
27. Tikal, monitorlizzard, gift from krazygit
28. Star Wars: Star Warriors, GhostWolf69, gift from Krazygit
29. Business Strategy, zigfromsa, gift from Kilgore_Smores
30. Qwirkle, mildthrill, gift from katydad
31. Big Boggle, generalgina, gift from airship51
32. Terrace, airship51, gift from Kilgore_Smores
33. Diplomacy, Hibikitour, gift from airship51
34. Red November, DoomTurtle, gift from sdonohue
35. Harry Potter Wizard's Chess, dbucak, gift from Bibbi Snurr
36. Super Munchkin, Ned Ludd, gift from sdonohue
37. Through the Desert, baughmm, gift from sdonohue
38. Dark World, katydad, gift from sandmaker
39. Magic the Gathering Cards, DamonH, Gift from Kilgore_Smores
40. Loot, rockinghorsedreams, gift from Steve Leach
41. Illuminati, damonstea, gift from Impr3ssion
42. Lost Cities, x2fer, anonaymous
43. Dungeons and Dragons Board Game, willrazorbacks, gift from monitorlizzard
44. Blokus, Mark of the Beast, Gift from airship51
45. Middle-Earth CCG, Schandi, Gift from krazygit
46. Dragon Strike, TrashGameLover, Gift from kidonnelly
47. Waterworks, Funguy, Gift from kingmaker fan
48. Super Scrabble, Armadillo Al, Gift from DavidG55311
49. Hotels, MrScaryMuffin, Gift from Ned Ludd
50. Dragonmaster, frailn, Thrift find from Count Von Lucker
51. 221B Baker Street Expansions, HanClinto, gift from Krazygit
52. Mission Command Land, dopehatman, gift from airship51
53. The Omega Virus, SquadronRoe, gift from mike_fantastic
54. Quoridor, Raithe, gift from krazygit
55. Empire Builder, GuidoVanHorn, thrift find from katydad
56. Survive!, finke67, thrift find from Frankenfletch
57. Battleball, maudineormsby, gift from indigopotter
58. Talisman 3rd Ed., Blacktales, thrift find from MrScottx
59. Hochst verdachtig, godurmyall, thrift find from sandmaker
60. Netrunner, TheMisterMan, thrift from Kilgore_Smores
61. Enchanted Forest, Kenchan13, gift from Gallo22
62. HeroClix, cold_fuzion, gift from kingmaker fan
63. Puerto Rico, shurynn, gift from unknown
64. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Futza, thrift find from Frankenfletch
65. Victory in the Pacific, Dazooz, gift from Odkin
66. Lord of the Rings, wonderwitch, gift from rabid bear
67. Bermuda Triangle, StealthDonut, gift from Warbanner
68. Dealer's Choice, Steve_Leach, gift from DavidG55311
69. Bid Boggle, Dormammu, gift from matrixrenegade
70. Heroscape Flagbearer Utgar - Ornak, Toynan, gift from Aljovin
71. Zooloretto, marvac, thrift find from Frankenfletch
72. Iron Chef the Board Game, DoomTurtle, thrift find from Kilgore_Smores
73. Bang!, Phil of Mars, thrift find from Toynan
74. Ghosts!, jodyjm13, thrift find from Warbanner
75. The Civil Wwar 1863, VolcanoLotus, gift from wkusau
76. 221b Baker St. Sherlock Holmes Time Machine, theswally, gift from airship51
77. Puerto Rico, Mark of the Beast, gift from Indigopotter
78. Slide 5, Howitzer_120mm, gift from jimmcmahon
79. Can't Stop, mattimus21, thrift find from Frankenfletch
80. Laser Attack!, Kenchan13, gift from OriginalDM
81. Backgammon, DecholaEtecoon, thrift find from hibikatour
82. Little Italy, belial1134, thrift find from MikeTuna
83. Redemption: City of Bondage, baughmm, thrift find from baughmm
84. Ticket to Ride: USA 1910, jodyjm13, gift from mike_fantastic
85. Regatta, monitorlizard, gift from soulyogurt
86. Tikal, mwricketson, gift from jodyjm13
87. Quarto!, DoomTurtle, gift from katydad
88. The Magnificent Race, Trick, gift from kudzujim
89. Eureka, indigopotter, gift from, twinfreak and mike_fantastic
90. Daytona 500, tacoma_boy, thrift find from raenman
91. Blokus, Silgado106, gift from Kingmaker Fan
92. Blue Moon Exp. The Aqua, LithoJazzoSphere, gift from sdonahue
93. Subbuteo, Mike Brewer, Thrift find from pmboos
94. The Amazeing Labyrinth, xXxSilver601, gift from Kingmaker Fan
95. Game of Life Card Game, Glamorous Mucus, gift from Steve Leach
96. Once Upon a Time: Dark Tales, axarca, gift from Sandmaker
97. American McGees Alice, LordHellFury, gift from axarca
98. Cosmic Encounter, Demarryl, thrift find from soulyogurt
99. Can't Stop, Steve Leach, thrift find from katydad
100. Power and Perils, rodin, gift from Hello Gregor
101. Battleball, Renaissance Man, thrift find from katydad and scoutmom
102. Acquire (AH/Hasbro), Tyraziel, thrift find from Frankenfletch
103. Revolt on Antares, Odkin, gift from mcdrunk
104. The Farming Game, Twinfreak, thrift find from soulyogurt
105. Clue: Master Detective, docandy31, thrift find from soulyogurt
106. Lifestories, jodyjm13, thrift find from axarca
107. Five Crowns, Bernie_be, thrift find from Frankenfletch
108. NY Chase, theswally, thrift find from chrisdr
109. Eureka, MvRichtofen, thrift find from mike_fantastic
110. Dragon Strike, Blacktales, thrift find from Frankenfletch
111. Acquire (3M), Jonny5, gift from rabid bear
112. Blue Moon Exp. The Pillar, kvenosdel, gift from sdonohue
113. Risk Revised, chansen2794, gift from okiedokie
114. Indiana Jones DVD Adventure Game, krakenfan69, thrift find from Kilgore_Smores
115. 221B Baker Street:The Master Detective Game, purplesneaks, gift from ridetheory
116. Modern Art, TheBuddhistPalm, thrift find from Frankenfletch
117. Iron Dragon, overtheboard, gift from mildthrill
118. Settlers of Catan, x2fer, gift from jodyjm13
119. Storm Over Arnhem, Coenst, thrift find from chrisdr
120. Dune (PB), HanClinto, gift from bk2020
121. San Marco, dshortdesign, thrift find from Blacktales
122. Kingdoms, Steve Leach, gift from Warbanner
123. Mystery Rummy: Jack the Ripper, brotherjo, thrift find from rockinghorsedreams
124. Settlers of Canaan, Frailn, gift from okiedokie
125. Axis and Allies, maudineormsby, gift from Original DM
126. 7th Sea, Ozzelator, gift from overtheboard
127. Doorways to Horror, ridetheory, thrift find from Frankenfletch
128. Magic the Gathering, Renaissance Man, gift from purplesneaks
129. Time's Up, nerman8r, thrift from rockinghorsedreams
130. Wild Pirates, itsharold, gift from warbanner
131. Risk Revised, maudineormsby, thrift find from katydad
132. Tank Battle, ealdrich, gift from vikingwarrior
133. Talisman, tyrus568, thrift find from Frankenfletch
134. Acquire, gentlegiantglass, gift from juxtatype
135. Powerpuff Girls: Villians at Large, middleclassjoe, gift from Doomsayer
136. Bohnanza, ntar, thrift find from Frankenfletch
137. Frog Juice, howzquake, thrift find from x2fer
138. Time's Up Deluxe, axarca, thrift find from Frankenfletch
139. Acquire, x2fer, thrift find from ridetheory
140. Netrunner, ruggedscooter, gift from nerman8r
141. Fireball Island, aarontub, gift from Gallo22
142. Super Blockhead, Phoebus, gift from Generalgrant
143. Junta, kingmaker fan, thrift find from chrisdr
144. Drakon 3rd Ed., Tyraziel, Thrift find from Frankenfletch
145. Buffy the Vampire Slayer, TrashGameLover, Thrift find from Frankenfletch
146. Scotland Yard, Steve Leach, thrift find from katydad
147. Dragonmaster, Spacejack, thrift find from OriginalDM
148. Magic the Gathering, Chrisgmay, gift from nerman8r
149. Citadels, JordanZS, gift from kvenosdel
150. Wits and Wagers, sodacapman, thrift find from mildthrill
151. Lowenhurz, fury00, gift from mrteacherusa
152. Metro, Kevin in Kansas, gift from twinfreak
Please let me know if I make a mistake on this list and I will fix it.
My attempts at keeping up a current list of all games requested so far can be found here:
edit 3/16/11: And I have been doing a poor job of keeping it up to date. Sorry about that. The good news is that parkrrrr has given us a link to an always up to date list of games with links back to this geeklist. Here is the link - http://parkrrrr.com/bgg/foryou.cgi
Also here is some info on the link from Ron:Quote:Games are sorted first in alphabetical order, then in order by the geeklist entry ID (which I believe is assigned sequentially, so older entries will appear in the list first.)
By default, fulfilled entries - which is to say, any entry that contains the word "fulfilled" anywhere in it, bolded or not - is dropped from the list. There's a link at the top to add those or remove them, as appropriate. If you include them, I include a bonus: a count of the number of fulfilled requests so far. As of this writing, that count is a whopping 126!
There is a tiny bug of note: two games with the same name will sort in strict geeklist ID order, even if they're different games. Dune and Dune are an example of this.
- [+] Dice rolls