Eric's Solitaire Reviews Geeklist
- Eric Lai(Garfink)Hong Kong
In doing these reviews I hope to share with others the joy (and the rare disillusionment) I have with the games I play and introduce this niche within a niche hobby that I have.
Living in Hong Kong means I will probably never get review copies of games, so there will never be any conflict of interest in my articles, I say it as it is and never will I pamper to anyone's sensibilities. So expect the good and the bad. I often find the negative reviews more useful than the positive reviews myself, its so easy to buy but much harder to decline!
Here is a collation of all the solitaire reviews I have done so far and I will updating this list as I add more games. Most of the reviews are written, but interlaced in between are some video reviews as well. There will also be some multiplayer games here and there but mostly it will be reviews from a solitaire player's perspective.
Its tough to get a high score from me, especially for small light games, as my scoring system (described below) compares each game against all my other games! So in some reviews of smaller games I will give a separate score for these games relative to other games in its genre.
A little about my rating system for games:
1) I will only give 1 or 2 points for games that are broken!
2) I will change ratings depending on new rules/variants tried and mark these changes in my comments.
3) 3 points means: Do not buy! This is crap in its current state.
4) 4-6 point games, please read the comments, some games are actually quite good, but my ratings need to put into consideration other factors such as quality of pieces and scope of the game and the relative score of other games. So even though I may give a game a score of 4, it doesn't mean is bad. So read the comments I make.
5) 7-8 point games are outstanding games, safe to buy if you like the theme and after reading a few more reviews and you still like the game. I like these games and will play them regularly.
6) 9-10 point games are legendary and should be seriously considered and I consider must haves.
7) Games that don't have a rating, just need another play before I add one, so I will add more as time goes on. I have played 95% of all the games on my list by the way, I just want a fresh perspective before adding ratings and comments to my newly formed list.
Proud to be apart of 2D6.org where you can get more great reviews.
- [+] Dice rolls