2015 Support Drive – Ending in:
1829 supporters - GeekGold Bonus for All 2015 Supporters: 18.29 + 3.02 = 21.31
Android versions of actual boardgames
Paul - the
What's going on down there?
WORK IN PROGRESS
This is a GeekList of Android versions of actual board games, that is board games that have an entry in BGG / are in the BGG database.
If in doubt it probably belongs on the Games for Android devices list.
Coming Android Board games releases should be added here: Board Games Coming to Android
To find the apps listed below a smart place to start is Google Play
You'll sometimes see QR codes likes this one:
You can use a barcode scanner to read this image and it will translate into a link and take you directly to the app in question. Try it out on the QR code listed here, should take you to the BGG main page.
Most handsets include a barcode reader from start, otherwise get one here.
RULES FOR THIS LIST
1) Only add released official versions of board games or games that are extremely similar to an actual board game.
2) Do not list helpers and similar programs. Those along with other cool Android games should be added here: Games for Android devices
3) Coming Android board games releases should be added here: Board Games Coming to Android
An entry in the 2015 Two Player Design Contest. Abstract game where the dice are used as moving pieces rather than randomizers.
The free android implementation features these modes:
- hot seat 2-player;
- human vs AI;
- on-line multiplayer.
APK direct download
Board Game: Small World
[Average Rating:7.41 Overall Rank:120]
[Average Rating:7.41 Unranked]
These are not the droids you're looking for. You can go about your business.
Based on the phenomenally successful Small World fantasy board game with over 500,000 copies sold! Take control of insanely fun fantasy race & special power combos, such as Berserk Halflings, Triton Merchants, Alchemist Ratmen and Dragon-master Amazons, to grab all the land you can in a world that is just too small to share with your opponents!
- 2, 3, 4 and 5 player maps to conquer
- Play Online games in real-time or turn-by-turn, with friends & strangers from the world over; and Local games over Wifi
- Play Solo against up to 4 built-in AI; Pass’n Play with up to 5 live opponents on a single device
- 20 new races & special powers to master through in-app purchases of Cursed!, Grand Dames and brand new to digital Be Not Afraid…
- Online, Solo & Face to Face scores with daily, weekly and forever rankings
- Comprehensive Small World Encyclopedia detailing all rules, races, special powers, icons & more!
- Extensive Days of Wonder Online Buddies integration
- Brand new musical score, sound effects, graphics and animations
- Video Tutorial by Master Glandulf himself
This Essen 2014 release seems to be completely replicated in it's app.
Haven't tried it, but looks like they are releasing additional cards for the game and has an interesting feature of teaching you a different language....
You can also play with cards of four different languages: the Italian deck, the Spanish deck, the German deck, the English deck. To make the challenge ever more thrilling, and at the same time improve your languages skills, you can also speak that language during the whole game: are you ready to convince other players of the value of your treasures using a foreign language?!!
There is a free version, and an elite for-pay version, which costs peanuts. I don't know what you miss if you do not pay, some missions, I think since I wanted to support them and just bought the elite version from the start. Both versions are ad-free and there are no in-app purchases. The apps require no special permissions to run on your phone.
It's already a lot of fun, and updates happen about every week. About half of the planned missions are written so that makes something like 50 more to go. And the developers are the most responsive game developers I have ever met, who post regularly to their own forum, answer user questions, and rapidly respond to user feedback. All in their spare time. Plus they have 2 other games under active development as well. The question is, when do they sleep?
Unofficial Android lookalike: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.pgssoft.pr...
All mechanics follows Splendor rules closely, with a few minor differences we plan to close (i.e. multiple visitors aka bonuses are awarded at once, which shouldn't happen).
Game is free and features no ads, includes solo and multiplayer-over-internet modes, just give it a try.
And if you happen to be a software developer, you can write own bot and submit to us, game engine is opensourced: https://github.com/PGSSoft/PrestigeModel/
Board Game: Star Realms
[Average Rating:7.72 Overall Rank:56]
[Average Rating:7.72 Unranked]
Free for basic play, easy AI and a short campaign.
$5 in app purchase for online play, pass and play, harder AI and a longer campaign. This purchase unlocks for multiple platforms (Android, iOS, Mac and PC).