SAGES began as a high school gaming club in the early 1980's and disbanded shortly after the founding members graduated.
SAGES was officially reformed in 1990/1991 and we launched into a series of successful mini-conventions we called SAGEFEST. As a club we ran about 20 of these events from 1990 to 1995.
SAGES upgraded from meetings and gaming sessions in the members homes to our current residence, 1922 Sylvania (second floor), in 1995.
The group size fluctuated between 7 and 15 members and was mostly a private affair for many years.
In 2008 it was decided that we were in need of a change. Remodeling our aging accommodations over the summer was the first step. In October 2008 we officially began a new chapter of existence with open gaming twice weekly and a monthly all day gaming extravaganza we call SAGEFEST.
In 2010 the club brokered a deal with the building owner which gave us the ability to gradually take over almost the entire second floor of the building.
April 2013 saw our most ambitious official expansion into this space with a huge remodeling project which has left us with more than double our previous space.
The year following the remodel has been a chance for a much needed opportunity to catch our breath, recover financially and enjoy the fruits of our labor.
Summer 2014 and we find ourselves once again in the planning stages for the next series of evolutionary changes for SAGES.
Key holding members: