What:: GASP Games Day
Where:: Springdale United Presbyterian Church
When:: 10am to 11pm
Cost:: $5 (first time attendees are free)
The Gaming Association of Southwestern Pennsylvania (GASP) gathers on the 2nd Saturday of every month (baring any scheduling conflicts with the rental facility) near Pittsburgh, PA for 12+ hours of gaming, 10am to 11pm. Everyone is invited... veteran and new gamers alike. A typical Games Day has 50-75 people attending and playing a multitude of games, with every genre of games represented... miniatures, roleplaying, CCGs, and (most importantly) tons of boardgames. If you're in the area, please stop by.
Due to our situation in finding a new home, Games Days are currently on a month-2-month schedule. See below for the schedule, it will be updated as needed.
• January 30th - Springdale United Presbyterian Church
• February 20th - Springdale United Presbyterian Church
• March 12th - Springdale United Presbyterian Church
• April - Date and Location TBD
• May - Date and Location TBD
• June - Date and Location TBD
• July - Date and Location TBD
• August - Date and Location TBD
• September - Date and Location TBD
• October - Date and Location TBD
• November - Date and Location TBD
• December - Date and Location TBD
The address for the church is located at the bottom of the post.
Game Days run from 10am till 11pm, and are open to everyone. There is a small fee per person ($5) to attend Games Day, to cover the cost of the rental hall. This fee is waived for all first-time attendees. The fee will be collected when you arrive, and will grant access to all the games contributed by our members, for use that day. We will be holding off taking any new yearly payments for 2016, as we cannot guarantee dates at our current location, we can still only book a few months at a time.
Speaking of games, there are always a multitude of board, card, role-playing, and miniature games being played on any given Game Day, but a few events are near constants.
• Our Multi-Player Magic League runs each Game Day, starting around 11am. It’s a league that runs Jan-Oct. There is a second league starting at 4:30PM with modified rules and decks, please read the forum post for more information.
• Several RPG campaigns are also run each Game Day, including our "One-Shot Saturdays", stand-alone adventures run by various GMs each month.
• There are several miniature games that regularly appear at each Game Day. These vary each month, but some examples are X-Wing, Bolt Action, Lord of the Rings, Firestorm Armada, Axis and Allies: Angels 20, BattleTech, Infinity, and others.
• Don’t forget our extensive board game contingent. You can always find players for a board game, whether you bring your own or try out one of the many titles our BGers own and bring each month to our Games Library.
We ask that everyone attending our Game Days brings something along as a snack and/or drink, for the community to share in. The facility has a full kitchen, so items that need refrigerated are OK. Most people bring some soda, chips, cookies, veggie tray, etc. This helps everyone have a good time without worrying about snacks or drinks.
See you at Games Day!
Springdale United Presbyterian Church
859 Pittsburgh Street
Springdale, PA 15144
Visit www.gaspgamer.com for more information.