Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shingo Ishikawa
Australia
Isaacs
ACT
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi! I tried to post this on Singapore forum site but not sure what happened so I'm trying it here again.

We are travelling back to Japan on holiday, and we'll have about few days stop over in Singapore... we'll most likely be staying with either distant relative, or friends so I don't know how much time I'll have to search through the city.. not to mention travelling with 6 month old baby. But I do like to get some info on where are the good Boardgame shop.. that are relatively easy to find, has good stock etc. If it is located in central, touristy area and close to MRT station that would be great.

Please let me know!!
Shingo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Paradigm Infinitum is the shop you seek.
Best selection of games and right smack on Orchard Road, opposite the Somerset MRT station exit.

This link has directions:
http://www.pi.com.sg/html/ourShop.htm

If you can get some dreidels (particularly ones that say Pe instead of Shin) from Israel, perhaps I could trade for them with some small games while you are in Singapore.

Regards,
Keng Ho
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimbo Clark
Taiwan
flag msg tools
mbmb
Had the opportunity of stopping by Paradigm Infinitum and was very impressed with the selection.

There were no bargains as all the games were at least retail if not a bit of premium, but that seems pretty normal in Asia.

If you need a game fix in Singapore, it is well recommended based on the breadth of selection.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Leong Yeo
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
aka Uncle
badge
小富靠勤,中富靠智,大富靠德。
mbmbmbmbmb
Our choice of boardgame shop is Boardgamelifestyle.com:

http://www.boardgamelifestyle.com

We have found their prices to be pretty competitive (for example, we bought Agricola from Settler's Cafe at S$117 after a 10% discount and then discovered it is available for S$95 at Boardgamelifestyle!) and they deliver free of charge to your doorstep for purchases S$150 and above. We will therefore save up and buy a few games at one shot to save on shipping.

Their selection of games is also reasonably wide.

I understand they went through a change in ownership recently, so am not sure if the good prices and selection will continue going forward. Worth checking out though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Ray
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
BoardGames Rejuvenate!!
You can browse and try our BoardGames in our shop without obligation.
Located near heart of city at The Central #03-81 (above Clarke Quay MRT)
http://www.boardgamesrejuvenate.com or FaceBook http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000522307238#!/gro...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Ray
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Keng Ho wrote:
I'll throw in a good word for Board Game Rejuvenate. The shop space is smaller than PI's but it has a different mix of games and prices are competitive. The shopping centre it's in also has lots of good restaurants, especially Japanese ones.
It's just down the street from the Settlers Cafe (a games cafe, which also sells games) on North Canal Road.

Thank you very much Keng Ho^^
We will strive to serve with our best!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jane Ray
Singapore
flag msg tools
mb
Our Agricola after 20% Birthday discount is at $90.40
Find out more on becoming our member and enjoys all perks we have for our exclusive members!!
http://www.boardgamesrejuvenate.com/index.php?option=com_con...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keng Ho Pwee
Singapore
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I regret I have had to withdraw some good words (the post is now deleted) I had to say about one of the local game shops after having been treated discourteously by staff.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
blokus fan
msg tools
Hey everyone! just wanna share a very cool website that sells a wide range of board games and designer toys as well.

Do check out the website www.bogas.com.sg and you may find something you like there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
alex w
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There are some shops in Singapore that sells good boardgames, as those already mentioned.

I agree the so-called 'lesser known ones' actually serves you better. BGL seem to be the best, though I have not purchase from them. (a slight shame)

The one I frequent (for years actually), too, treated me discourteously. ( I felt like I was given a traffic-police warning....can do this, can't do that, etc). Nevertheless, there are very good staff that has went beyond service to assist. So if you don't mind a black-sheep or two within, than its perfectly OK.

But that aside, if you want to get some games here in Singapore, the prices are quite reasonable (if you think about shipping and handling).

Just go on in the shops, get the games you want, pay and thats-that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
actually me and most of my friends were pretty pissed off by one of the "staff" (ok he doesn't really work there, i do not know the capacity of the person just that he is connected to the store) who was obnoxiously rude not once but twice. like alex said: can't do this or that.

we have all been buying from the same store for years, and then we decided to just save the hassle and buy from an online store just to keep sane.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucian Loo
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
izack wrote:
actually me and most of my friends were pretty pissed off by one of the "staff" (ok he doesn't really work there, i do not know the capacity of the person just that he is connected to the store) who was obnoxiously rude not once but twice. like alex said: can't do this or that.

we have all been buying from the same store for years, and then we decided to just save the hassle and buy from an online store just to keep sane.

I think I know what store you are talking about. Thankfully I've only been served by the really helpful staff thus far.

Just wondering, have any of you thought about bringing this matter up to the more senior staff or management of that store? It's just my personal opinion, but I'm wondering if the management would deserve to know that the mannerisms of one of their staff is actually turning potential customers away? So that they might be able to do something about it and hopefully the same thing won't plague another poor customer in the future.

If more than 1 person has experienced this, it might be more of an coincidence.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
different people involved, alex's case involves a new staff member, my group's problem was with a friend/shareholder/associate (?) or the storeowner.

well too bad i still go in and buy stuff from time to time, but i've cut down on buying overall. My friends refuse to buy there and refuse to play there even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gabriel Soo
Singapore
flag msg tools
Is the shop discussed the one i am thinking about? Cos i have not really met anyone there who's unfriendly. but i cant think of any other shops that you guys might be discussing, since that is the most well-known of the few bg shops in sg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Izack Chee
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
no comment because it was an isolated incident, don't let my experience put off going to the shop

really sad actually, one less place to game in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chun Ping

Portland
OREGON
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
in any case, to the to answer the OP, boardgamelifestyle have served me well with their fantastic prices and good service. worth checking out if you are looking for a budget buy. they also have a large list of sales item, though most are not very popular titles. i did get twilight imperium and pandemic expansion at a large discount there though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chua chee yong
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb

www.bogas.com.sg

free delivery for item above 75 bucks and most of the time, its within 2 to 3 days.

Well i did compare the price between bogas and boardgamelifestyle. seem like the price at bogas is cheaper by few bucks.

BUT both customer service is very good. If I cant get the item on bogas, then i will get it from boardgamelifestyle.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
"Where are you from?" "Long story. The Pacific Ocean, I guess."
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any boardgame stores which are not online in Singapore? I was hoping to visit some when I stay briefly in Singapore in a few months.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly Dice
msg tools
You may want to take a look of Siu Mui Games. They provide excellent service while the price of the items is very reasonable compared with other stores. Though they're in hong kong, shipping service to Singapore and other countries is available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Liang Teo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi mythdracon,
if you are here for a few months, do join the sg boardgame meetup http://www.meetup.com/Boardgames-Singapore/ to join us at our almost weekly boardgame meetups and play games with us!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How long would it take for a game ordered from Siu Mui to get to Singapore?

Eric, I'll be there for only a week, I did say I'd be there "in" several months, not that I'd be staying for several months (though I wish I could!) I'll look into your group though. Maybe I could join for at least one round of games? Thanks for the link.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Friendly Dice
msg tools
usually it takes less than two weeks. if the volume is large (e.g. more than 1 cmb, then it shall take a few days as they will use forwarder to carry the items. i heard shipping to other countries in asia is available too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Liang Teo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
oh ok yap hope to b able to see u then.
otherwise if u let us know when u r here maybe one of us can organise a meetup for u too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Less than 2 weeks shipping....is less than one week shipping also available?

Eric, I'll be there in early July, around the 4th? Looking forward to meeting some fellow geeks in Singapore, I miss that place so much. Not been there in almost a decade.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kai Liang Teo
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
so far there's only 1 on the 5th july evening which u can attend

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.