Arkham Horror» Forums » Sessions

Subject: A Moment of Glory, brought to you by...Sister Mary? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
JGT
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The High Priest grinned under his hood. His plan had come to fruition. He and the most devout of his followers had succeeded in completing their horrible experiment. One ichor-soaked member of the unhallowed dead now walked the earth searching to slake its endless hunger. It was only a matter of time before the entire Medical Studies wing of Miskatonic University would be overrun with its ilk. Very soon…

>SLAM<

The High Priest spun around in heart-stopping surprise as the door to the room banged open, shattering the silence like a bomb. The light from outside the candlelit room flash-blinded him for just a moment, but as he regained his focus, he could see, silhouetted in the stark hallway light, the unmistakable shape of…

…a habit?

The High Priest gasped in utter disbelief. Was that…a nun???

With a SHOTGUN???

The nun smoothly leveled the weapon with an unexpected grace of movement and fired. The zombie’s head exploded in a burst of rotten meat. The body stumbled forward a few steps before gravity finally convinced it that it was, indeed, dead. It flopped to the ground and twitched for a while.

While his black-robed peons suddenly leapt about in chaos, the High Priest was just too stunned to act until the nun fired again, bringing one of his fools to an abrupt coda in his stupid dance. The High Priest dove behind some odd equipment, and listened uncomfortably to the sounds of two more shotgun blasts, each followed by the expected wet thump of a body hitting the floor.

The deafening sound of the blood pumping in his ears was punctuated by the telltale noises of that unerring shotgun being reloaded, followed by the almost inaudible footfalls of the Angel of Death as she walked toward his position. As she moved around him, his eyes flicked between the barrel of his death and her eyes filled with resolve.

“Make peace with whatever blasphemous being you serve, wicked creature,” the nun spat out, an uncharacteristic edge in her melodic voice, “because you’ll get none from my God or me.”

The High Priest held his breath before everything went loud and black…

--------------------------------------------

So there was this game this weekend against Yog-Sothoth, and we had just drawn The Terrible Experiment. If groans were money…

And the drawing began:

A Cultist. A small sigh of relief.
A Zombie. Not too bad. Another sigh.
Another Cultist. Our spirits were beginning to rise.
ANOTHER Cultist. Cheers! We were almost ecstatic. Oh, but here comes the Shoggoth…
The High Priest! BY THE GODS! I don’t know about you, but I have NEVER been that fortunate on the initial TTE draw!!!

We had to finish it off the next turn, before things got…well, Terrible. BUT…Joe and Vincent were off-world. Bob was recovering in the Asylum on Speed 3, but a Gug was in the Merchant District. One bad Evade and Bob was stuck short of his goal.

But Sister Mary had just sealed the Silver Twilight Lodge, and she had a Fight Skill. If Bob gave her his Shotgun as she ran through the French Hill District on the way to Miskatonic, then she had a better than even chance of ending this thing NOW.

And so it came to pass, that the brave little underestimated nun didst take the shotgun, and lo, with the holy host of righteousness behind her, she didst wade solely into battle, and, with at least one rolled 6 in every Combat Check, single-handedly sent the whole frakkin’ card back to the frakkin’ box.

I officially apologize to Sister Mary for mocking her as a C-List character. She may never be a first round draft pick, but I will never think less of her again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew W.
United States
Eighty Four
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Taoist, Pittsburgh Sports fan, and welcoming to people who are kind, from any walk of life.
badge
I have been playing games since the Atari 2600, Candy Land, Chuttes and Ladders, Go Fish, & the Apple ii. Supporting "the Geek" since 2006
mbmbmbmbmb
Not only some wily gameplay, but also some compelling fiction writing. Fine work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
United Kingdom
Lee On Solent
Hampshire
flag msg tools
Heavily armed nuns with the tendency to slip into a total battle frenzy are getting to be quite a problem around my area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dude, I think she was my home room teacher back in Catholic high school!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Bexborn
Sweden
Kalmar
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heh, I rather like Sister Mary myself. The last time I played as her she was equipped with a nice .45 Automatic and drove around town on the motorcycle. She wasted monsters one after another before eventually trading those trophies in to become Deputy.

Go Deputy Sister Mary!

For reference, we (2 players with 2 investigators each) had great luck with Elder signs that session (drawing two as random items during setup) and managed to seal Ithaqua away without greater problems.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tibs
United States
Amherst
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jgt7771 wrote:
Bob was recovering in the Asylum on Speed

Oh, Bob. Now I know why you always have that dopey smile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.