Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hi there!

This one's for the new Accelerated Diagnostics.

1) The 3 revealed cards that you can choose to play, are they technically in R&D still, or not? Can you play them in any order or the order that they appear in?

Example 1:

Play AD, reaveal Precognition, Hedge Fund, Anonymous Tip.

1a) If I choose to activate Anonymous Tip first, do I draw the Hedge Fund, Precog, and another card? Or 3 fresh cards from R&D, and then continue?

1b) If I choose Precog first, do I see the 2 cards already revealed, plus 3 more, or 5 cards fresh from R&D?

1c) May I put the cards from the other 3 in R&D in lieu of the 2 cards remaining, since precog can put cards back in any order, and then continue playing them with AD's effect? Effectively combining precog + AD to play event cards that were 5-deep in R&D?

Example 2:

Play AD, reveal another Accelerated Diagnostics, Celebrity Gift, Anonymous Tip.

2a) If I choose to activate AD first, do I get to reveal 3 fresh cards from R&D, or just 1 fresh card from R&D?

2b) If Anonymous Tip is chosen first, do you draw the rest of the revealed cards + 1 more? Or do you draw 3 fresh cards?

2c) Can the card drawn with AT count towards HQ cards in Celebrity Gift?

So it boils down to:

A) Do the cards revealed with AD count as cards still in R&D?
B) What order do the cards played with AD resolve?

Answer's back! Hahahahaha, got an answer back, you guys are gonna HATE this

Basically it's the most difficult-to-play interpretation

Quote:
Thanks for the questions. Looking at the top of R&D does not remove the cards from R&D. The cards are still in R&D, and able to be affected by other cards. Each operation you look at can be played in any order, you do not have to play the topmost operation first. When you play an operation, you fully resolve it before playing another one or trashing the rest of the cards.

1a. You play the Anonymous Tip, drawing the Hedge Fund, Precognition, and one other card.

1b. You would see two three extra cards if you play Precognition first, not five.

1c. If you rearrange other operations into the top 3 cards of the deck with Precognition, they will not be eligible to be played with Accelerated Diagnostics since they were not the cards you looked at when the ability began.

2a. You play the Accelerated Diagnostics, looking at the two other cards and one additional card. If you play the two operations revealed with the second Accelerated Diagnostics, you will not be able to play them again when you continue resolving the first one.

2b. You draw the rest of the revealed cards plus 1 more.

2c. Would not matter for this click, since the Celebrity Gift would be in HQ and no longer in R&D.

Hope that helps,

Lukas

Additionally:

Quote:
If you rearrange other operations into the top 3 cards of the deck with Precognition, they will not be eligible to be played with Accelerated Diagnostics since they were not the cards you looked at when the ability began.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Re: Accelerated Diagnostics question off to FFG
well worded. Look forward to the answer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for these! I'm kind of hoping they expand the functionality of the "removed from play" zone to be a holding space for cards like this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahahahaha, got an answer back, you guys are gonna HATE this

Basically it's the most difficult-to-play interpretation

Quote:
Thanks for the questions. Looking at the top of R&D does not remove the cards from R&D. The cards are still in R&D, and able to be affected by other cards. Each operation you look at can be played in any order, you do not have to play the topmost operation first. When you play an operation, you fully resolve it before playing another one or trashing the rest of the cards.

1a. You play the Anonymous Tip, drawing the Hedge Fund, Precognition, and one other card.

1b. You would see two three extra cards if you play Precognition first, not five.

1c. If you rearrange other operations into the top 3 cards of the deck with Precognition, they will not be eligible to be played with Accelerated Diagnostics since they were not the cards you looked at when the ability began.

2a. You play the Accelerated Diagnostics, looking at the two other cards and one additional card. If you play the two operations revealed with the second Accelerated Diagnostics, you will not be able to play them again when you continue resolving the first one.

2b. You draw the rest of the revealed cards plus 1 more.

2c. Would not matter for this click, since the Celebrity Gift would be in HQ and no longer in R&D.

Hope that helps,

Lukas
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Oh wow XD this is goig to cause headaches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, do card draws last, process all other Diagnostics last Do anything that has card manipulation later
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy Larner
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Wow, that's pretty crazy. Why would they choose to make things so difficult?!? The only mercy I suppose, is that these issues will almost never come up...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel it's super fair though, any other way would probably be too powerful. Even if luck-based.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What a headache indeed.

Quote:
1b. You would see two extra cards if you play Precognition first, not five.

What is this? Precognition itself is counted among the five cards? So during the resolution of Accelerated Diagnostics, the operations that are played aren't trashed, but are rather trashed at the end of Accelerated Diagnostics? Does this mean that no matter what order you execute those operations in, there's no way to Precog beyond the next 2 cards?

And in the case of Accelerated Diagnostics triggering another Accelerated Diagnostics, does the second one re-trigger operations still on top of R&D, or have those been trashed now? You asked about resolving the second AD as the first operation of the first AD. What if R&D had:

Accelerated Diagnostics, Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund.

And you played an Accelerated Diagnostics from your hand? Could you play Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund, Accelerated Diagnostics (Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund, Hedge Fund)?

It seems Green Level Clearance or other draw-operations might be helpful in Accelerated Diagnostics decks, so if you trigger an AD with a GLC in the top three cards, you can use the GLC to draw one of the non-operations that would otherwise be trashed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The only one I don't understand is the one where you play Precog first.

How can Precog still be in R&D after you've chosen to play it and begun resolving. Shouldn't you see 3 cards? After all you can't rearrange that Precog back into R&D once you've used its ability.

Using that same logic, if you play Anonymous Tip first wouldn't you end up drawing the two before it and itself?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cedric Bertolini
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer for Anonymous Tip contradicts the answer for Precognition. Obvisouly if you decide the play Precognition first, it's not on the top of R&D anymore.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alsciende wrote:
The answer for Anonymous Tip contradicts the answer for Precognition. Obvisouly if you decide the play Precognition first, it's not on the top of R&D anymore.

Not obvious, and apparently not true.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mplain
Russia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Did his girlfriend dump him or something? why all the hate?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brodie
United States
KC
Missouri
flag msg tools
mb
Azeltir wrote:
What a headache indeed.

Quote:
1b. You would see two extra cards if you play Precognition first, not five.

What is this? Precognition itself is counted among the five cards?

I see - it's still in R&D. We're used to playing it from HQ, but when we play Precognition from R&D, it counts against us as one of the cards we get to see.

Azeltir wrote:
So during the resolution of Accelerated Diagnostics, the operations that are played aren't trashed, but are rather trashed at the end of Accelerated Diagnostics? Does this mean that no matter what order you execute those operations in, there's no way to Precog beyond the next 2 cards?

Looks that way.

Lukas' response wrote:
When you play an operation, you fully resolve it before playing another one or trashing the rest of the cards.

My head hurts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
mplain wrote:
Did his girlfriend dump him or something? why all the hate?

lol

I don't think it was hateful, it's pretty verbatim, like they're not meant to fuck with the rules as written... And they didn't

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Agent Archer wrote:
Azeltir wrote:
So during the resolution of Accelerated Diagnostics, the operations that are played aren't trashed, but are rather trashed at the end of Accelerated Diagnostics? Does this mean that no matter what order you execute those operations in, there's no way to Precog beyond the next 2 cards?

Looks that way.

Actually, later in that post I found a way around it: Green Level Clearance. If GLC, Precog, and a third card are drawn, you GLC first, then Precog to see 4 new cards. And presumably you can play or trash one of those 4 new cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Azeltir wrote:
Agent Archer wrote:
Azeltir wrote:

Looks that way.

Actually, later in that post I found a way around it: Green Level Clearance. If GLC, Precog, and a third card are drawn, you GLC first, then Precog to see 4 new cards. And presumably you can play or trash one of those 4 new cards.

Nope you can't.

Quote:

Only the 3 revealed cards can ever be played. None of the subsequent ones can, with the first AD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Let's all realize something very important, this ruling means Celebrity Gifts is in your hand while it's resolving and can reveal itself to gain credits.

-_-

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Dovian wrote:
Let's all realize something very important, this ruling means Celebrity Gifts is in your hand while it's resolving and can reveal itself to gain credits.

-_-

OK clarification came back from Lukas, no Precog doesn't count for itself, neither does Celebrity Gift

Quote:
Good catch. That would be 3 extra cards, since the Precognition no longer counts. So Celebrity Gift also does not count itself in HQ. Sorry for that,
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hugo L
France
Lyon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure about something:

Is there a paid-ability window that triggers after each of the card you play, or just one after AD is fully resolved ?

For instance could you:

- first click: install Breaking News
- second click: play AD revealing shipment from SanSan, closed account, big brother. You play SfSS, then score BN, then play closed account ?

Or do tyou have to wait for AD action to fully resolved before scoring BN ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel D
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well that's... good I guess.

Nonetheless, why are we using the most confusing possible way to play it? It's not like playing it this way prevents all the ridiculous combos since you can still play them in any order you want.

This just seems like a tactical nuke aimed directly at db0...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Haiku wrote:

Is there a paid-ability window that triggers after each of the card you play, or just one after AD is fully resolved ?

For instance could you:

- second click: play AD revealing shipment from SanSan, closed account, big brother. You play SfSS, then score BN, then play closed account ?

No, paid ability windows only exist ever between clicks or during a run. This is in the middle of an operation, it cannot be interrupted by anything else.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Tu
South Africa
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry Db0! We love you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Keddie
Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Haiku wrote:

For instance could you:

Paid abilities are still only between clicks - why would you think otherwise?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Finkel
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dovian wrote:
Well that's... good I guess.

Nonetheless, why are we using the most confusing possible way to play it? It's not like playing it this way prevents all the ridiculous combos since you can still play them in any order you want.

This just seems like a tactical nuke aimed directly at db0...

Accelerated Diagnostics isn't only around to serve ridiculous Power Shutdown+Jackson Howard combos. If your deck includes Anonymous Tip, Precognition, and Hedge fund, you could play Accelerated Diagnostics just during the game and end up in situation 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.