Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ron Balla
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is being reprinted (2006) by Excalibre Games. My gaming buddy is Robert Mossiman, the owner of Excalibre Games. Funny thing... I've never played one of the games his small company owns yet!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Tesser
United States
Miami
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
do they have a website? where is the best place to order their games at?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Balla
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, they sell all of thier games through Decision Games...
http://www.decisiongames.com/index.htm
go to the DG Associates tab.

Let me know if you have any questions for him. I have this message flagged for responses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boudreaux
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
I would like a few questions answered, please.
Counters: What is the total number of counters in this new Conquerors?
Map: Will it be to the same scale or will it cover more area?
Scenarios: Will the original three be kept and added to?
Rules: Will there be an update of them?
Release Date: September, 2006? I have heard otherwise.
Decision Games has not had anything new to add to it's description of the new Conquerors release since I first heard it would be updated, so I have pledged with them and waited (so far in vain) for any extra bit of information, so I thank you for this help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Balla
Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok I jsut talked to Bob about the game.
He's a bit general about the details, but kept stressing how nice the new mapwork and counter art will be.
The counter count will be almost the same he said, maybe a couple minor changes. The map is same scale but again, will be much nicer looking.
The scenarios: Yes, the old ones will be there plus it will include 1 or 2 minor ones.
Some rule changes such as Darius has a better strategic combat rating than he did in the original.
Rules will be fixed with minor tweaks.
2006 sept is still the target date and looks realistic.

I convinced him to start working on a website for his game company, this Fall he said

Im going to upload an image of the preliminary box artwork now too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Boudreaux
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
Thanks so much for this info. Can't tell how much I apprecitate it. I second the web page idea. Look forward to the images as well. Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Raine
Australia
flag msg tools
Honi soit qui mal y pense, motto of Sydney Uni Rugby Club, est. 1863
badge
General Sir John Monash, victor of Le Hamel
mbmbmbmbmb
Aaron,

any more news?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Severus Snape
Canada
flag msg tools
"She who dares, wins, Prime Minister."
badge
"I'm not allowed to say how many planes joined the raid, but I counted them all out and I counted them all back." Brian Hanrahan
mb
Well, as we head towards 2008, how is the 2006 reprinting coming along? I have the original SPI game, but I am interested in this reprint, if it ever becomes a reality. shake

goo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hansen
United States
Sun Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
And here we are at 2010. Looks like the reprint is still being worked on as it's listed on the pledge list over at Decision games. Check it out and pledge for it if your interested!

(thought at first this was dead tbh, glad I proved myself wrong!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Berger
United States
Littleton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ThoughtHammer is showing a release date of Q1 2011, with a pre-order price of $64. We'll see.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Lou Ann Barton: The Best! || The Dixie Hummingbirds: Thank You for One More Day || The Derek Trucks Band: Songlines
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not generally thrilled with Decision's tweaks, but the tactical combat module in this game could certainly use some help. An interesting idea that didn't quite work. I was desperately eager for this game back in the day, but ended up sadly disappointed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Zaccardi
United States
Coral Springs
Florida
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Glad I favorited The Conquerors or I would never have seen this upcoming reprint. I have been waiting for a new printing since my original 1977 copy was destroyed in a trunk flood at Fort Bragg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.