Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I have given queen games the benefit of the doubt for too long now. They have the absolute worst customer service I have ever come across. I kickstartered DDD and it arrived to me late, well after retail stores had it for sale. It was missing many items, and tokens were cut incorrectly. I got in toich with Nikki at Queen who said she would assist in the missing items bit suddenly communication stopped and they are no longer replying to my messages.

I cant play this game as its incomplete and Queen games are more interested in launching new kickstarter campaigns than sorting out the issues (which seem many) with the people who have already wasted their hard earned money supporting them on DDD.

Do not support this company. They do not deliver what they promise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Ross
Ireland
Cork
Ireland
flag msg tools
The mysteries about how we evolved should not distract us from the indisputable fact that we did evolve. -- Jerry A. Coyne
badge
It takes courage to grow up and turn out to be who you really are. -- E E Cummings
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to hear about the shortcoming you've experienced. Posting it here may bring about a resolution if any officials associated with the company see your post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Daniels
United Kingdom
Chelmsford
Essex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My copy was late as well, and I was missing the glow in the dark zombies, I did get a reply saying they were currently out of stock in November, heard nothing else since.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steve zhang
Singapore
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have not dealt with Queen Games before. Given my experience with other companies, if they said they would send out replacements and then stopped replying any further emails, that means the replacement parts are probably already on the way. Of course that is the more optimistic scenario.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The glow in the dark (Light in the dark) expansion was missing from mine also. I also had stuff from the base game missing. Sounds like you got more info than me. they never told me they were out of stock of anything.
It takes a lot to piss me off, but the way Queen treated this kickstarter and its backers pushed me over the edge!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacek Deimer
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Well, they are small company but with 20 years of experience in this bussiness.

After all this time they figured out that this kind of marketing model works best for them...

Price - generally higher than comparable products from other companies
Connunication with customers - not necessery
Customer service - well, not that much important
Quality control - well, see customer service

Kickstarter - Yeah, that's a gold vein, let's focus on putting as many campaings for unfinished and underdeveloped products, as possible. Getting money half a year in advance is so cool !!!

It's like those cheap brand-less fastfoods around bus and train stations! Thay sell crap food, but there are so many people moving around that they still make decent money on one-time clients. EDIT: And they prosper for years, too...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
QueenOfAll wrote:
I have not dealt with Queen Games before. Given my experience with other companies, if they said they would send out replacements and then stopped replying any further emails, that means the replacement parts are probably already on the way. Of course that is the more optimistic scenario.

My last correspondence was six weeks ago. ive had no replies since. If the parts are on the way that is one seriously slow boat from china
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I too have problems with Queen Games - I have not even received the game!!!

I wrote to them in early January and was told they would send a new package.
Several weeks later I contacted them again, since nothing had shown up.
I was told they were collecting requests and would not process them until early February

We are now in the middle of February and I have neither seen nor heard from Queen Games since.

I am very disappointed with their customer service. I have backed over 120 projects on Kickstarter and this one ranks as one of the worst experiences so far.
thumbsdown
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel for David. It was his design, his characters, and his mechanics. He has been helpful on these boards.

I feel for Nikki. She has clearly gotten in over her head, and almost every backer is upset with her.

My stuff arrived late (as have all others)
My token sheets were miscut
A replacement token sheet was the wrong one, so now I have a second copy of Radioactive tokens. I finally got the correct token sheet.

Still waiting on LitD expansion rules, and understanding that they may need to come from our community, since Queen ain't talking.

Still waiting on Radioactive Red nemeses,creatures, and boards.

I will support David on any future projects, but will never again buy anything from Queen Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bleicher
Brazil
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Coincidentally, a girl from a mailing list I subscribe has just created a thread in another forum about them here: Big BOOOO to Queen Games

In a nutshell, they got the money from brazilian backers and then simply decided they would not ship to Brazil. Talk about bad business practices...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
It has indeed been the most frustrating 3 months in my life.
I have worked on and off about 5 years on this project.
Being my first design, it has a special place in my heart as it made me realize that I had a passion for game design.
One hot humid summer it started as a small idea and developed into something much bigger over the years. Something I could never had predicted that first day in August when I was making notes on a small piece of paper lying on my desk.

I have many fond memories attached to this game, and also some big dissapointments...but the wonderful sessions I had playing DDD with different groups in different places have easily outclassed the negatives. It has been truly wonderful. Forgive me if this all sounds corny, but I can only express my feelings about this project without cynisism.

So it is especially sad that many people at this point link the game with the bad experiences they had with the logistical side of things.
For me it was truly saddening to see all these protest ratings appear and harsh forum messages abound, and seldom any talk about the game itself.

To Queen's defense (and I know I am walking a thin rope here): this is a small company despite of what some seem to think, and this was their first project of this scale. Once miniatures are involved in the production, things can become very complex VERY fast.
They undoubtly slightly underestimated the KS campaign that is needed to run such an involved production.

However, having seen things behind the scenes, I can safely say that they worked hard to keep up with the storm of negativity that had arisen.
I was pleased how they turned the tide in the end, but for some naturally this was too late. All perfectly understandable.

In all honesty, communication is a sensitive issue here, and I can completely understand the frustration that is expressed.
That said, despite all the negativity I am still baffled that almost nobody mentions the high quality of the material inside the box that Queen delivered. Queen doesn't take the easy route and produces its games in China. They want quality control, and if you look at the quality of cardboard and print they produced you can't but agree they have the highest standard thinkable. I think the way they printed everything, from the smallest tokens to the biggest boards and even the character sheets on thick high quality linnen finish cardboard is fantastic.
Even Fantasy flight games produces its character sheets on thick paper.
And those speciality dice...those are the best produced I have seen in a long time. The engraving is laser-sharp. And yes, this comes at a cost.
Producing such quality in Europe is much...much more expensive.

One thing I fully agree with is that the rulesbook is lacking.
For me this is especially frustrating as it makes the game look far less developed than it actually is. I am trying to do alot to set things straight, first through the FAQ (at this moment in it's 2.0 incarnation) and as a next step I am currently working on a revised rulesbook which will be a massive step up to a waterproof presentation of the game, correcting all the gaps in the current edition.

So despite the wave of negativity that has surrounded the game, I am somewhat optimistic about the future.
Once I have published the new rulesbook and the harsh critisism against the KS campaign will fade a little into the background, I truly hope people will start discovering the actual game behind the criticism.
I hope in the future the joyful moments people will have while playing DDD will overshadow this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
Merlin
mbmbmbmbmb
Isn't Nikki Lincoln's wife? He's a BGG admin (and they both film BGG's Game Night). And Queen is a huge customer of BGG through ad sales. Maybe email
Lincoln?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron McDonald
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

It is effectively been the most frustrating 3 months in my life.
I have worked on and off about 5 years on this project.
It was my first design, and it has a special place in my heart as it made me realize that I have a passion for game design.
It started with a small modest idea in a hot summer sun and developed into something much bigger. Something I could never had predicted that first day in August when I started making notes on a small piece of paper lying on my desk.

I have so many fond memories attached to this game, and also some dissapointments...but the wonderful sessions I had playing DDD with different groups in different places have easily outclassed the negatives. It has been truly magical. Forgive me if this all sounds corny, but I can only express my feelings about this project without cynisism.

So it especially sad that many people at this point link the game with the bad experiences they had with the logistical side of things.
For me it was truly saddening to see all these protest ratings appear and harsh forum messages abound, and seldom any talk about the game itself.

To Queen's defense (and I know I am walking a thin rope here): this is a small company despite of what some seem to think, and this was their first project of this scale. Once miniatures are involved in the production, things can become very complex very fast.
They undoubtly underestimated the KS campaign that is needed to run such an involved production.

However, having seen things behind the scenes, I can safely say that they worked hard to keep up with the storm of negativity that had arisen.
I was pleased how they turned the tide in the end, but for some naturally this was too late. All perfectly understandable.

In all honesty, communication is a sensitive issue here, and I can completely understand the frustration that is expressed here.
That said, despite all the negativity I am still baffled that almost nobody mentions the high quality of the material inside the box that Queen delivered. Queen doesn't take the easy route and produces its games in China. They want quality control, and if you look at the quality of cardboard and print they produce you can't but agree they have the highest standard thinkable. I think the way they printed everything, from the smallest tokens to the biggest boards and even the character sheets on thick high quality linnen finish cardboard is fantastic.
Even Fantasy flight games produces its character sheets on thick paper.
And those speciality dice...those are the best produced I have seen in a long time. The engraving is laser-sharp. And yes, this comes at a cost.
Producing such quality in Europe is much...much more expensive.

One thing I fully agree with the critical voices is that the rulesbook is lacking. For me this is especially frustrating as it makes the game look far less developed than it actually is. I am trying to do alot to set things straight, first through the FAQ (at this moment in it's 2.0 incarnation) and as a next step I am currently working on a revised rulesbook which will be a BIG step up to a waterproof presentation of the game, correcting all the gaps in the current edition.

So despite the wave of negativity that has surrounded the game, I am somewhat optimistic about the future of the game.
Once I have published the new rulesbook and the harsh critisism against the KS campaign will fade a little into the background, I truly hope people will start discovering the actual game behind this negativity.
I hope in the future the joyful moments people will have while playing DDD will overshadow all this negativity.

Ah well...I can only hope...right?

Hi David,

Please dont think this thread is a dig at you. This has nothing to do with DDD as a game, but more so the lack of communication and poor quality of service Queen has provided. I cant wait to get DDD to the table but Im not doing it until I get the replacement parts.

I cant wait to check out your new designs! I just hope they aren't Queen Game Kickstarter projects. Because I will not back another project of theirs.

EDITS: spelling. Fat fingers, little phone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ross Wolfe
United States
living in Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, if it's any consolation to anyone, everything's been fine for me so far. I got my game on time, and when I had a very minor problem, they got back to me right away and fixed it. I haven't gotten my GitD stuff yet, but I was informed that it's going out with the second wave of shipments. I'm sorry the rest of you have been having a sucky time, because I've had a great experience so far.

Now my experience with CMoN and the Zombicide season 2 kickstarter on the other hand... Ugh, don't get me started. I guess the moral of the story is, with Kickstarter, caveat emptor.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen McHale
United States
Burke
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

In all honesty, communication is a sensitive issue here, and I can completely understand the frustration that is expressed.

This is the one issue that pisses me off more than any other, not just with Queen but other Kickstarter projects as well.

I wish companies would just be honest and communicate. If they bit off more than they can chew just say it. Most people, not all of course, will understand. It is okay to say you screwed up and are trying to make it right, just take responsibility for your actions. It something I have been trying to teach my kid his entire life, now I just have to figure out how to teach game companies.

BTW - Game is great, quality is great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe F.
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Queen seems more times than not to have issues with their KS games. I backed Escape the Curse of the Temple and Edo. Their first two KS games, they both had lack of communication issues, long delays, issues with items (Carrying bag for Escape for example). While I understand your pain, these issues have been around for sometime now.

As for DDD, it looked like a game I would like to play and thought (briefly) of backing it, until I saw Queen games on it. I'm glad I didn't seeing the issues of this game as well. Shame really, Queen makes some of the best games (Edo, Lancaster, Alhambra are some of my favorites).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC!!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Abigail the cat. B:? D:12/24/13 You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm done with Queen games as well.

I've had a problem with my Escape KS pledge since last year.

Messages sent to Queen Games over this issue = 6

Responses received regarding the issue = 0

Queen Games is happy to take your money, but doesn't give a crap about customer service.shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Kearns
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
Silence is golden.
badge
O God, thy sea is so great and my boat is so small.
mb
Queen ran my good will into the ground a while ago.

While it used to be good, I think their quality and quality control is now some of the worst in the business.

Add on high prices, terrible communication, questionable practices, and poor customer service, I guess they're lucky that people will kickstart anything (even things that are already printed for a higher price!)

There is only so long the "small business" excuse can defend their practice of grossly overextending themselves, continuously promising more than they can deliver, and their seeming general contempt for their customers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/qng50031.html

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Ausloos
Belgium
Ranst
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Mister_Barista wrote:

Nice pricing.
I would have snapped it up myself, if I hadn't a copy already
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thanasis Patsios
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nordiska wrote:
Queen seems more times than not to have issues with their KS games. I backed Escape the Curse of the Temple and Edo. Their first two KS games, they both had lack of communication issues, long delays, issues with items (Carrying bag for Escape for example). While I understand your pain, these issues have been around for sometime now.

As for DDD, it looked like a game I would like to play and thought (briefly) of backing it, until I saw Queen games on it. I'm glad I didn't seeing the issues of this game as well. Shame really, Queen makes some of the best games (Edo, Lancaster, Alhambra are some of my favorites).

That's spot on! People keep repeating how Queen is a small company and how hard they work and so forth, as though this was something that caught them unprepared. Only this has been their business strategy ever since Escape in 2012, not some unexpected event.

They're greedy and unprofessional. Sure they're only a 6 people company, but that didn't hold them from running 5 campaigns in 2013 and 3 already in 2014! No wonder no existing client ever gets any customer service, their limited resources focus solely on getting new clients through KS!

It's really nice to see people realising the kind of company they are. I hope designers follow soon enough and choose other publishers for their games. It'll maybe give us gamers the opportunity to enjoy some good game designs the way they were meant to, instead of delivering low quality products, like they did with DDD.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anders Pedersen
Denmark
Copenhagen N.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ausloosd wrote:

To Queen's defense (and I know I am walking a thin rope here): this is a small company despite of what some seem to think, and this was their first project of this scale. Once miniatures are involved in the production, things can become very complex VERY fast.
They undoubtly slightly underestimated the KS campaign that is needed to run such an involved production.

Small company or not; in my case the game has not even been delivered. I find it pretty poor judgement to just put my request on a list to be processed close to 4 weeks later. I can understand using that procedure for missing and damaged components, given the size of the project, but getting the game itself out to the paying customers should be of higher priority.

And this is not a rant against you David. You have been really active and constructive since the release. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim thorson
United States
Chaska
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it's unfortunate to hear of these issues. I have had good experiences with Queen. My alhambra tiles were all sorts of cut wrong. I was told up front it would be awhile since they were being reprinted. About 1.5 months later they were on my doorstep.

DDD mine was delivered fine.

Amerigo my tower was all messed up. I was told it might be a few weeks but the next week I had a replacement.

Hopefully they will clear your issues up soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone .............
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We need a thread like this for Game Salute.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen G Roy
United States
Mesa
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rccoll wrote:
We need a thread like this for Game Salute.

I got my Blackwater Gulch miniatures in an orderly time

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.