Ray Palmer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Review: Killer Bunnies Perfectly Pink Deck

First of all I’m not going to explain the rules to Killer Bunnies, but only discuss the major things this deck adds to the game.

New stuff:
Highest Ranked Enlisted Bunny. With more cards you need more ways to burn through the deck. The Highest Ranked Enlisted Bunny is another way for player to get the opportunity to play two cards on their turn instead of one.

The way it works is there are six enlisted naval rank cards in the game, E-1 through E-6. When you draw one from the deck you have to immediately play it down on any bunny, your own or an opponents. The player with the highest ranked bunny in the bunny circle gets to play an extra card from his hand even if it’s a run card.

If the highest ranked bunny dies, the next highest ranked bunny gets the privilege and so on.

Pink Bunnies. Pink bunnies are like Red bunnies except that their powers are even stronger.

Conclusion. There are a number interesting new cards in the deck and you also get a pink pawn and a pink die. Some of the interesting cards are Paradise Syndrome which forces all Roaming Red cards to jump over you, Bingo Flamingo which will affect which numbers of carrots you pick up so as not to form any exploitable number sequences and Church Bunny which calls for a lot of poor SNL imitations on the part of the players.

I think this deck adds a lot more than the previous two decks (White and Stainless Steel) which, to me, seemed like a bunch of weird effect special cards without any fundamental additions to the game system. It’s definitely worth getting. There is a grammatical typo which doesn’t affect game play on the Pinky Tuska-Hare-O card but it makes me wonder about the Bingo Flamingo card. Bingo Flamingo increments 16, 16, 18 rather than 16, 17, 18. But it may be purposeful that they replaced the number 17 with an additional 16 as the game designers are always playing weird number games. If so, this makes the number 17 carrot the first to grab in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought what carrot you get is random?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Palmer
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Philip Thomas wrote:
I thought what carrot you get is random?

The example of play in the rules shows the large carrot deck face up. The "Choose X Carrot(s)" cards say to choose a carrot, rather than draw one randomly.

So we've always played that you can choose any carrot you want. Does it say some where that you have to draw a carrot randomly?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Lopez
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
Get off my lawn!
badge
The explanation: Impossible Triangle + TW (my company initials) = my logo.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: The best deck since leaving the primary and secondary co
Choosing the carrot from a face up spread is correct. There is at least one card that lets you see the top of the small carrot deck, telling you one of the large carrots that you don't want to pick.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Durandetta
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Re: The best deck since leaving the primary and secondary co
rayito2702 wrote:
Bingo Flamingo increments 16, 16, 18 rather than 16, 17, 18. But it may be purposeful that they replaced the number 17 with an additional 16 as the game designers are always playing weird number games. If so, this makes the number 17 carrot the first to grab in my opinion.

According to the Killer Bunnies website, this is a mistake. Playroom Entertainment claims they will print the card with a 17 in the next printing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.