Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
D.J. Abbott
United States
Lexington
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I made a variant to this game that really added to the strategy of it. Basically, we passed out all the City Cards (randomly), and before we can win by entering Rome, we must have a Church (not Cell Groups) in every Church for which we have a City Card. We cannot, however, build a Church in any City for which we do not have a City Card. This really adds to strategy, and it makes the game much more enjoyable. It also lengthens the game, so if you want a shorter game, don't change this one.

Thanks for reading,
DJ

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Schaefer
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
My big "selling point" for Journeys is that the gameplay is so open-ended that you can do just about whatever variation you want. You can play solitaire (which was listed in the rules, yes, I know), you can do your cities alphabetically, you can hand out missionary journeys to everybody and have them build the same churches that Paul built, you can basically set the winning conditions however you want.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.