Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
boardgamebrewer.wordpress.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The first being the win game condition.
It is not enough to just push a rock off the board.
A player has be closest to the departing rock facing in its direction in order to win.
The published rules have examples 9a,b,c showing this.

Also, the examples in the rewritten rules state you can just assign +1 or -1 to animals in the line depending on thier direction. But in order to push a rock, an animal has to behind it (and in the facing direction). There is no pulling of rocks.

This is a very good game, but the published english rules are rough and may lead to some confusion, but these rewritten rules are worse.shake

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ARTHUR REILLY
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Would Love To See The Correct Rules To SIAM
This is a game I actually want to buy. Reading rules and comments here and there has my head spinning. If someone actually knows the proper rules and can put it all in writing, in an understandable form - I would be terribly grateful.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinn Swanger
United States
Holly Springs
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I second Arthur's motion! I would buy this game in a second if all of the existing ambiguities could be cleared-up in a nice, comprehensive(and authorized) manner. Is the designer able to help out with this? If he wants more sales then I would think he would. Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jstahl wrote:
The first being the win game condition.
It is not enough to just push a rock off the board.
A player has be closest to the departing rock facing in its direction in order to win.

this is how i figure it:

[after a rock has been pushed off the board..] the player who is closest to the departing rock and facing in the rock's direction is de facto the pusher of the rock and is therefore the winner.

is there a case where this is not true? even if by the action of a another player's pushing does the rock fall, that player is only pushing the other player [and forcing that player to push the rock].

however, i suppose i can also see why such a clarification that you've offered might be necessary to some.

blablabla.

EDIT: Ahhh.. now i'm realizing many other ways in which this rule is ambiguous. i now agree that the definition of who pushed the rock is very important to clarify.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob Kohut
United States
military/mobile
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
So, a rock gets pushed off the board. There's an elephant directly behind the rock, but he's facing sideways--so he doesn't get credit for pushing the rock off the board. Directly behind the sideways elephant there is a rhino facing toward the rock. There's another elephant behind the rhino facing toward the rock who is the initiator of the push.
Does the rhino get credit for pushing the rock off?

--and--while I'm at it:

if there are two rhinos facing a rock, can the rock be pushed two spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out these newer rules. They clear up the many questions I had.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/filepage/79002/distilled-and-co...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chicagopsych

houston
Texas
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BobKo wrote:
So, a rock gets pushed off the board. There's an elephant directly behind the rock, but he's facing sideways--so he doesn't get credit for pushing the rock off the board. Directly behind the sideways elephant there is a rhino facing toward the rock. There's another elephant behind the rhino facing toward the rock who is the initiator of the push.
Does the rhino get credit for pushing the rock off?

--and--while I'm at it:

if there are two rhinos facing a rock, can the rock be pushed two spaces?

The Rhino would win in that example. This situations comes up often and works a good defensive strategy.

Rock can be pushed one space.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.