E.R. Burgess
United States
Glendora
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Flix Mix is a small-box Adlung-Spiele game that closely resembles Collide-O, a Playroom Entertainment title. The game was designed by designer Bernhard Naegele and it is a realtime placement game where you are trying to place matching cards on top of the existing pile of cards so that at least two of the colored dots on the new card match adjacent dots on a card already laid out. It can be a frantic game with players jumping out in front of you and placing a card that will foul up your plans. But it goes so quickly that another opportunity for the same play will likely be available again soon.

I do like it better than Collide-O, because it is more forgiving. Since you create a large series of cards with numerous places to play your cards, it is often easier to find options than Collide-O, where you only have two spaces open for play. Even so, I'm not too fond of realtime games (we play Brawl in 'training mode') so neither of these held much appeal for me. But if you want a tense, less-than-ten minute game, Flix Mix is a good choice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.