Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got this game at a thrift store, and it is really terrible. However, looking at the "bonus game", I thought it had some potential, although much of it is very bad, so I decided to completely butcher it.

Stage 1 was to make it a little more strategic, by using dice cards (36 cards, each one showing a different combination of a dice roll). Each player has three dice cards in hand, and can play any card on their turn. Whenever you play a card, you draw a new one.

I also changed "combat" with monsters, such as the Moria Orc. When you land on one, you play a card from your hand and then the player on your left plays a card. If you played the higher card, you "win" the battle and follow those instructions, if not, well you get the point. Also, if you land on a square occupied by another player, you can choose to attack them, in a similar way. If you don't, they can choose to attack you. Winner gains a point and the loser loses one.

The game was sort of fun, but still begging for a lot of work, like changing the effects of most of the outer board squares. If anyone is interested, reply to this post, and I will post more as I continue to modify it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
cabel dawson
United States
Scotts Valley
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm interested in hearing more. Assuming you haven't already sold your copy for scrap

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Nerman
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry to say, I didn't get any further. I decided I needed to change all the squares on the board as well, because it was too much of a headache and there were quite a few dumb squares. Making the new board proved more effort than I was willing to commit at the time and the project got shelved.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.