Recommend
147 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11632 Posts
[1]  Prev «  109 , 110 , 111 , 112 , 113  Next »  [466] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » BoardGameGeek Related » BGG General

Subject: Master Tanga Puzzle Thread rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: tanga [+] tangapuzzle [+] puzzle [+] news [+] [View All]
Brad Keck
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bagherra wrote:
Significant spoiler?

Spoiler (click to reveal)

Hide AND Seek
Crime AND Punishment
Trial AND Error
Cloak AND Dagger
Rank AND File
Cops AND Robbers
Bells AND Whistles
Question AND Answer
Armed AND Dangerous


and stuck...

Spoiler (click to reveal)
You might notice that the original words all intersect that middle line at different points...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S. Jens
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
Thanks all for the help. I really needed it! wow
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Hi, all -- Kieran/gypsychk, here. I'll be around here and on the tanga blog.

[EDIT: There was a mistake when the puzzle was first loaded, but the Tangans have uploaded a corrected version for me. Thank you, Tangans!]

Truth in advertising: This is not a puzzle that anyone should be able to solve within a minute, so please don't get discouraged. I designed the kind of puzzle I like, with a few hurdles/stages to clear to get to the answer. If this isn't the kind of puzzle you prefer, I'm sorry.

I also tend to like doing puzzles with people, so (while it's perfectly possible to solve the puzzle solo) I think you'll have more fun if you have someone to toss ideas around with.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Favocci
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I have an idea for this

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Will this site be of any help?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
MacBeth wrote:
I think I have an idea for this

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Will this site be of any help?


Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, no. I didn't design it to use this site ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wheeler

Texas
msg tools
Can you give some salt about the second part of the puzzle


5/1 = 3/2 + 7/3 = 7/2
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Favocci
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gypsychk wrote:
MacBeth wrote:
I think I have an idea for this

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Will this site be of any help?


Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, no. I didn't design it to use this site ...


Spoiler (click to reveal)
My original idea was to use the numbers after the decimals as game IDs here. Based off your hint I assume tanga is going to be used. The numbers to the right of the decimals are too big. The numbers to the left are good. Now I have to figure out what the number to the right do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
jswheeler wrote:
Can you give some salt about the second part of the puzzle


5/1 = 3/2 + 7/3 = 7/2


You've got geekmail!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
MacBeth wrote:
gypsychk wrote:
MacBeth wrote:
I think I have an idea for this

Spoiler (click to reveal)
Will this site be of any help?


Spoiler (click to reveal)
If you're thinking what I think you're thinking, no. I didn't design it to use this site ...


Spoiler (click to reveal)
My original idea was to use the numbers after the decimals as game IDs here. Based off your hint I assume tanga is going to be used. The numbers to the right of the decimals are too big. The numbers to the left are good. Now I have to figure out what the number to the right do.


Spoiler (click to reveal)
I don't want you to go down the wrong path, so I'll tell you to maybe look at the directions again. The first thing I do on a puzzle with directions is look for odd phrases that aren't immediately obvious ... then I play around with them, to see if something's hidden there.

If you can find that, you'll be on the right path ... not in tanga.com, not in boardgamegeek.com. But someplace you'll probably recognize.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate the Great
United States
Renton
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game Logo PlasyStation?
Glooms page?

Guess it hasn't clicked yet!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray Favocci
United States
Cherry Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I figured out the first half. Though I don't see how the directions would point you to that directly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dennis Ugolini
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
I did not glean any info from the directions in solving, so don't let them distract you too much.

Concentrate on the fact that there are *exactly two* crazy decimal numbers at the beginning of each line.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy K

New Jersey
msg tools
I am having a lot of trouble with the second half. I thought I got it, but the letters don't make sense when I fill them in.

So I'm doing something wrong.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
kozmo wrote:
Game Logo PlasyStation?
Glooms page?

Guess it hasn't clicked yet!


Spoiler (click to reveal)
Does it help if I say no extra letters are needed?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Barnes
United States
Charlotte
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I've been concentrating for almost an hour now. If concentration alone worked, I'd have it solved by now.

I used to think I was pretty smart. Then I started doing Tanga puzzles. What do you do for a living Uethym? Because whatever it is, they probably aren't paying you enough.

Uethym wrote:
I did not glean any info from the directions in solving, so don't let them distract you too much.

Concentrate on the fact that there are *exactly two* crazy decimal numbers at the beginning of each line.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy K

New Jersey
msg tools
Am I right to be looking at the decimal numbers as

Spoiler (click to reveal)
coordinates?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
nrkii wrote:
Am I right to be looking at the decimal numbers as

Spoiler (click to reveal)
coordinates?


Yes.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrington

Texas
msg tools
Don't know about you guys, but I needed wikipedia to get the proper name for item #7.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried that and got nothing with the first line of numbers. No matter which was + or -.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
Bionyx wrote:
Don't know about you guys, but I needed wikipedia to get the proper name for item #7.


I needed it to create the puzzle! Very familiar with the thing itself, just not what it's called ...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben G
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
glsonn wrote:
Tried that and got nothing with the first line of numbers. No matter which was + or -.


Are you sure, I got

Spoiler (click to reveal)
A lady holding a torch
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Harrington

Texas
msg tools
There is a proper name, which I would bet you need for the final answer (correct me if I am wrong).
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Sonnenberg
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried:

Spoiler (click to reveal)
First number latitude and second longitude? As in 40° 68 Min. 92 Sec. for latitude and -74° 04 Min. 46 Sec. for longitude? No lady for me.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Just Gypsychk
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
glsonn wrote:
Tried that and got nothing with the first line of numbers. No matter which was + or -.


I geekmailed you; I think I know what you're doing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy K

New Jersey
msg tools
I'm having trouble coming up with items 5 and 6 on this list. The answers I have are not quite specific enough.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  109 , 110 , 111 , 112 , 113  Next »  [466] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.