Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
A rules summary of this map has appeared on the web, but it is written in Danish...

http://www.germangames.dk/Beskrivelser/Age%20of%20Steam%20Ea...

Are there any native speakers here who would be kind enough to translate what is written there? There is hardly any information available on this map yet, and I'm curious to know what this reviewer has written about it...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Cardarelli
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Anyone speak Danish?
Mmmmmmm.....danish.....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
What's going on down there?
badge
¡uʍop ǝpısd∩
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm too lazy to do it but there are lots of other Danes around. You could try to offer some bag for it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lucas Hedgren
United States
Dublin
Ohio
flag msg tools
admin
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw this awhile back, and used this translator to check it out:

http://www.translation-guide.com/free_online_translators.php...

Not too good, though.

Luke

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not missing much, he left out a bunch of the rules.
Mange Tak!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Doomfarer wrote:
I'm too lazy to do it but there are lots of other Danes around. You could try to offer some bag for it.

If that's what it takes I'd be willing to offer some gold up for the translation... :shrug:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul - the
Sweden
Lund
flag msg tools
What's going on down there?
badge
¡uʍop ǝpısd∩
mbmbmbmbmb
CortexBomb wrote:
Doomfarer wrote:

If that's what it takes I'd be willing to offer some gold up for the translation... :shrug:

Sorry, I didn't mean I'd do it for bag just that someone else might do it. Seems the rules are incomplete anyway?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Bohrer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
They are incomplete.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Webb
United States
Western Mitten
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, since no one else seems to be overly interested, I've started doing a weak translation using online tools...here is the rough summary of what is posted...the actual page is not a review at all, but almost a pure rules summary. I would, frankly, be amazed if there are more rules than are listed on the page, but anyone who has a copy of this expansion can feel free to chime in if I'm missing anything here...

This is what I have gleaned so far:

3 cubes are placed in each city at the start of the game.

Players start with 5$ and 1 share issued (hence, alternative income/shares display)

Marketing: Allows a player to ship a good normally, but, once each shipment, they can pass through a city of the same colour without having to deliver that good.

Engineer: does not exist.

Production: the player taking this draws 2 goods cubes and then places them directly onto the board.

Urbanization: when you place a new city on the board, it is immediately stocked with 2 cubes.

Player networks must start in one of the eastern cities: Quebec, Boston, New Haven, New York, Trenton, Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, Richmond, Wilmington, Charleston or Savannah. Players' networks must be contiguous until someone (or they?) reaches Pittsburgh, Wheeling, or Toronto.

...jernbanespor thing...as far as I can tell it says that track building restrictions go up with the round. The first round you can buy 1 piece of track, the second 2, &c. This continues until round 8, which, from that round to the end of the game, the limit remains 8 pieces of track.

Interurban tracks can be built between two cities The first player to build one has to pay 2$. Subsequent players can also build the same link, the cost being 2$ plus 1$ for each other player already there.

If a town is urbanized that already has player track running through it, those links are maintained.

...cubes in Pittsburgh. I think this says that Pittsburgh receives cubes (1 per round like many maps?). It definitely says that the only way other cubes can arrive on the board is via Production.

(Der trækkes én kube, der placeres i Pittsburg. Ingen andre byer modtager varer med undtagelse af hvis man anvender aktionen produktion.)

The rest of the rules are standard AoS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Shaver
China
Beijing
flag msg tools
mbmb
John Bohrer wrote:
They are incomplete.
It would be great if you could tell us what is missing?

Thanks,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.