Popular Tags: [View All]
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Kablamo is one of those games that seems designed to cause trouble. A game about Russian Roulette? Even Pimp: The Backhanding didn't ask you to shoot yourself in the head!

But the game really is good. Kablamo is a memory game, of sorts. At the start of the game, everyone draws 8 bullets and loads their revolver with 6 of them. Some bullets are Kablamos, which eliminate you from the game, but most do something else fun - like rearrange some bullets, switch bullets, prevent a player from firing, etc.

Ultimately, what the game is about is controlling information. You want to manipulate it so that you have good information about which bullets are which, while your opponents have limited information.

The Russian Roulette theme is regrettable, but actually it really helps the game. You'll instantly grasp the gameplay and the goals. And the game never really says you shoot yourself...it's just that, if you flip a Kablamo, you're eliminated from the game. You can say that the Kablamos shoot colorful confetti, if it makes you feel better.

The components are nice, too, and look good, with huge revolver cylinders and colorful bullets. Quick to learn and quick to play, I'm glad I got Kablamo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoffer Krämer
Sweden
Stockholm
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
You're now officially on my good-list. :o)

Christoffer Krämer

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Figgins
United States
Woodland
California
flag msg tools
http://lyrislaser.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Very glad to hear it! We've had a lot of fun with Kablamo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.