Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brendan Newell
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I just wanted to see if there was anyone interested in forming a gaming group for regular meetups to play boardgames (and maybe ccg/roleplay/other).
I'm based in South Manchester and I am more than happy to host a weekly meetup so just let me know if you're interested :-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Cheevers
United Kingdom
Liverpool
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you didn't already know there are a couple of regular groups that meet in Manchester City Centre.

The first is the Manowar club on Saturday afternoons which more details can be found here :

http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/ManOWargamesclub/

The other meets every Sunday evening at 7.00pm at Fanboy 3 on Newton Street.

I hope this helps you.

James
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Newell
United Kingdom
Manchester
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately because I have a family, it's tough to find the time to get into the center of Manchester at a weekend. I was hoping to put something together for a small group of people on a weeknight.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know of any mid-week gaming in Manchester... So I travel down to Stoke on Thursday nights to join the Shire Gamers.

I'd be interested in some mid-week gaming in Manchester though. There are a few other BGGers around this area, that might also be interested.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi folks. Thanks to Andy for pointing out this thread to me just when I was wondering about the same thing!

I am based in Manchester city centre and am looking for a regular mid-week evening board gaming group too. I know of Warfrog meetings on Sat and FanBoy3 on Sun but weekends just don't suit me at moment.

So, all those in region whom can meet a certain evening of week (preferably not Friday too), please get in touch and we can organise something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Rothwell
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Manchester based too.

Not a hard-core gamer, but like to play board games.

Mid-week is fine by me as well.

Preferably not Wednesdays as we we tend to Orange Wednesday at the cinema.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddy Richards
Scotland
Allanton
Duns
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm up for it too - the need to entertain small children means weekend gaming is tricky (to say the least). Any weekday evening is fine (the same small children mean that going out is very limited too!

Eddy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Rothwell
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm Manchester based too.

Not a hard-core gamer, but like to play board games.

Mid-week is fine by me as well.

Preferably not Wednesdays as we we tend to Orange Wednesday at the cinema.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The good news is this is indeed going to happen!

First meeting scheduled for Tuesday 16th in south Manchester.

We now have at least 6-8 people interested though a few cannot make it every week.

At least 3 of us have offered to host sometime, one city centre and 2 others south Manchester.

Ed_the_Red and T-Boy67, you have mail! Please reply direct to my given email.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Final Update
Just a quick final update to report that our first meeting has been successful (thank you Andy for being a great host). Many thanks to Brendan for starting this ball rolling finally!

At present, we plan to meet Tuesdays and hope to have different people hosting. Have 9 people on email list but actual number playing more likely around 6 every week.

Further updates can be found at http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/Manchesterboardgaming/

Thanks to all whom have replied!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the place to go is the Manchester Board[war]gamers (MBG or MBW), 1st and 3rd Saturdays 12 noon to 6 pm at Sea Scouts Hut, Nr. Peak Forest Canal Bridge, Romiley, Cheshire. The Big Game Auction is 1st Saturday in March from about 10.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
aforandy wrote:
the place to go is the Manchester Board[war]gamers (MBG or MBW), 1st and 3rd Saturdays 12 noon to 6 pm at Sea Scouts Hut, Nr. Peak Forest Canal Bridge, Romiley, Cheshire. The Big Game Auction is 1st Saturday in March from about 10.

Thanks Andy. I've been to the auction before, but haven't made it to the Saturday meet.
The thing is... those of us that met on Tuesday cannot do weekends. That's why we wanted something mid-week.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iain Cheyne
United Kingdom
Reading
Berkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't forget to add yourselves to the UK_faq.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Toby Rothwell
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
icheyne wrote:

We will as soon as we've come up with a suitable geek name for the group.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy
United Kingdom
Stockport
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
T-Boy67 wrote:
icheyne wrote:

We will as soon as we've come up with a suitable geek name for the group.

Those were my thoughts exactly... in fact I got halfway through editing the FAQ with the entry "Manchester Game Group (name to be decided)" and then hit abort.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Daglish
United Kingdom
Cheadle
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
aforandy wrote:

and its the BIG Annual Game auction tomorrow, last about five hours from noon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Roach
United Kingdom
Ellesmere Port
Cheshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I would be interested in travelling over from Chester at least to the South Manchester sessions.

John

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Teik Chooi Oh
United Kingdom
Chorley
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
came across this thread after all this time and wanted to update that our group, Variable Magers (yep, we finally came up with a name) have been going strong and recently had our 2nd Anniversary (with continuous non-stop gaming every Tuesday!).

Check out our website at www.magers.co.uk
We do have a BGG Guild but I must admit it is hardly used as we use the forum from website above http://www.boardgamegeek.com/guild/87

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roman Bode
United Kingdom
Peterborough
England
flag msg tools
Hello all,

I am planning on starting up the board game night at Fanboy 3 as of 17th August 2014. I am planning on bringing a few games and of course the shop has a small selection as well.

It would be nice if any of you here would like to come and of course bring a game of preference. The gathering starts at 6 mainly for social and maybe getting food, but I expect gaming to start at 7.

Some players are expected at 8 and the shop itself closes at 11.00, so games need to be on last turns at 10.45 to allow time for clean up. There is already a guy planning to run it and I am helping

If you want to contact me about this my e-mail is romanbode@hotmail.com or message me on here, but I am not on here very often.

Hope to see you soon.

The Romanbode.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.