Gerry Baygents
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for a clarification.

According to the English rules:
"... they may now place their blocking counter on any unoccupied board space or on a stepping tile."

Does the stepping tile have to be unoccupied? I'm guessing yes, but then the wording I would expect is "any unoccupied board space or (unoccupied) stepping tile."

What's "occupied?" Is a space/tile with a blocking counter on it "occupied?" Or are the player counter capable of "occupying" a space?

When a player moves, can he move over or stop on a starting space? Again I am assuming yes, but the rules do talk about moving over board spaces and tiles but earlier *does* distinguish between board spaces and starting spaces.

I don't know about the rest of you, but *every* rules clarification mentioned here and in all previous posts came up in the one and only game of Inka I've played, which to me indicates poorly written rules. Grrrr. I'm also quite unhappy with the idea that some of the stepping tiles are are one space but some (those bisected by snakes) are two. Trust me, I understand the need for clarification and why it could be important for strategy (yep, it came up), but it just doesn't sit well with me. Seems like a small flaw in the game design that I'll just have to get over. I may just ignore that and say *all* stepping tiles are one space.

The game is still some fun. I just need a few more plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We have played it with blocking stones on unoccupied (no meeple) tiles only. Reason being the rule that demands players not end their turn on an occupied tile. In other words, if you were allowed to put a blocking stone on a tile that already has a meeple on it, then you would effectively force said meeple to move next turn- it's clearly no longer a 'blocking' stone then.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.