BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe

Subject: UK: Bath Boardgames Club (BBC) -- thurs 17th may rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: uk_gamers [+] [View All]
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
We're just starting out trying to put a group together in Bath, probably on a monthly basis to start with. If you're in the area, it would be lovely to see you, and if you've got games, bring a couple you'd like to play! Our library is currently rather small.

We're in "The Rummer" (a pub), in the city centre, from about 7pm on Thursday 17th May.

Directions:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?sourceid=Mozilla-search&q=rumm...

By train - go to Bath Spa station. Walk out of it, and straight up the long, long street in front of you, towards the abbey. After five minutes you'll see some stone railings looking out onto Pulteney Weir and Pulteney Bridge. The Rummer is the pub on the opposite side of the street. We're upstairs (there will be posters!)

By car - er... find somewhere to park in Bath - good luck with that! Either park on Great Pulteney Street and walk over Pulteney Bridge, turn left and the Rummer is right in front of you, or perhaps the Avon Street NCP and walk through the city centre.

(edited to indicate May date)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Marsh
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
and in the middle
badge
Grrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UK: Bath Boardgames Club (BBC) -- thurs 18th jan
Hi

I don't know if you know, but there is quite an active group in Frome that meet on a Thursday night. There are quite a few players who come from Bath, so perhaps you should check the Wassail Club site
http://wassailgamesclub.googlepages.com/

You should be able to check the memberslist, and from that get some BBG profiles. We have also had occasional Sunday meets, starting about 10am and going on until 7pm, which is good for the longer games out there.

What sort of games does your group like? How big is it? I have held a Vtes ccg tournament in The Rummer about four years ago, and used one of the upstairs rooms - are you up there?

Hope I will see you soon, perhaps in Frome, perhaps in Bath.

Sam Marsh
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Yes, I know about the Frome meet, though we hadn't factored in that it is also on a Thursday - we will probably, then, change day of the week for next time, though the venue is booked and the advertising out for this time round.

We are indeed upstairs in the Rummer. Since this is the first meet, I have no idea what games will be played! I'll be taking most of my library, which consists of maybe ten games. I have Catan, Carcassonne (H&G), Ticket to Ride (Europe), Hey - that's my fish!, Bohnanza, randomviolence (of course!), Candamir, Witch Trial, Unexploded Cow, Starfarers of Catan (though that's as-yet unopened) and probably a few others, so there's definitely a german flavour there, though all games are welcome really.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Borgelin
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I'm one of the Frome lot too! Definitely interested in coming along to your games do on the 18th. Would be great if you could chance the day thereafter as obviously I owe my allegiance first and foremost to Wassail but I would also like to join/support a Bath club also.

Good luck with recruitment and hope to see you there on the 18th!

Cheers

Andy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi

I guess I'm the unofficial leader of the Frome lot since Pete's departure.

It's good to see that there are other groups in the area. You did not say how many of you there are.

I might even join you on one of your meets if the day was not a Thursday. Also, as stated before, you are more than welcome to come and join us in Frome.

Let us know how the 18th goes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I myself am based in Bristol and this looks interesting. I probably won't b able to make the 18th I'm afraid, but would hope to make a later meeting if things go well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
There's about five or six people confirmed for Thursday, so we are only little at the moment - like I say, this is our first one, and we'll not be doing it on Thursdays in future so as not to conflict with the Frome lot, depending on venue availability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Piggot
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in South Bristol and would be happy to come and play games in Bath. Can't make the 18th though...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ruffles
United Kingdom
Bath
B&NES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi - I'm also from the Frome club, but live in Bath. I would be happy to come along and bring a pile of games. Unfortunately I'm tied up on Tues, Wed and Thursday evenings!

let me know when you have a date for Feb.

Cheers and good luck for the 18th.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Lockett
United Kingdom
Fishponds, Bristol
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

I am a Gamer from Stoke-on-Trent but my girlfriend lives in Bath. I should be moving to Bath later this year and look to join you then. If you can keep me posted on dates of your meets though I may be able to make it at other times when I travel down to Bath every couple of weeks.

Cheers
Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Roberts
United Kingdom
Bath
B & NES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm astounded! I was just browsing Boardgame Geek for two minutes and come across not one but two local gaming groups in the Bath area! I'm really glad to see so much going on locally, I will do my best to come along on Thursday night too.

All the best,
Chris

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Thrower
United Kingdom
Bath
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I live in Bath, although I'm likely moving to Bradford-On-Avon shortly, putting me square between these two gaming groups.

That said I get the chance to do sod all face to face gaming at the moment as I have a young baby who keeps me far too busy .

Thought I'd just say "hi" to all the west country gaming crew though. I don't doubt I'll be dropping in to see one or both groups at some point in the future, providing you'll let me in .

Cheers,
Matt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good luck for tonight guys - hope it goes well and leads to more sessions. If so, shifts allowing, I will do my upmost to make the next one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Marsh
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
and in the middle
badge
Grrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
So how did it go? Hopefully the weather didn't put too many people off. Let us know when the next one is scheduled.

Sam
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It was very quiet last night at the Frome club. Perhaps as Sam said this was due to the weather - unless some came over to visit you in Bath.

Anyway - I second Sam's questions - how did it go and when is the next date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
anthony dawson
United Kingdom
swindon
wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i am in swindon and we have two clubs, swindon and district wargamers (SADWargamers) who meet on a wednesday every week meeting in moredon (www.sadwargamers.co.uk,) sadly i havent been able to attend for several years due to work. Tend to play more miniatures games

Also Swindon Wargamers and tactions (SWAT) who meet on a tuesday every week at the working mans club whose location name escapes me. we play a mixture of miniatures and boardgames here. i may be interested in a once monthly trip to bath so would like to know more about future meets

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I third Sam's question - Did it go? How did it go? When's the next one?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
We had eight people at maximum, though I must confess that about half of that number was me, my girlfriend, her brother, and a friend of mine from work.

It was good fun - the first four there excluding myself played Ticket To Ride Europe whilst I cut up pieces for my new boardgame. Perhaps Chris will know who won?

Then a few of us played v0.2 of my new boardgame whilst the other two started a game of Dungeon Twister but didn't get very far until two people from downstairs came up for a game of Hey! That's My Fish! One the 'newbies' won, which is always good for repeat custom.

Then we played Hey That's My Fish whilst my gf introduced Chris to Rummikub.

Next meeting looks like it's going to be on February 15th, though we're off skiing next week and so will take stock once we get back. I'll post a new post here with the correct date, time and venue closer to the time.

Cheers for all the interest! Hope to see some new faces next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Marsh
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
and in the middle
badge
Grrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
We had eight people at maximum, though I must confess that about half of that number was me, my girlfriend, her brother, and a friend of mine from work.

Hey they all count!
Eight is a good number for a first meeting, I mean, that is a couple of games on the go at the same time.

Quote:
Next meeting looks like it's going to be on February 15th, though we're off skiing next week and so will take stock once we get back. I'll post a new post here with the correct date, time and venue closer to the time.

Thursday 15th of February? Was there any luck at looking at other days of the week?

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Marsh
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
and in the middle
badge
Grrrr!
mbmbmbmbmb
I appear to be replying to myself here, but never mind. Anyway the Frome Games Club have pencilled in a Sunday Meet for the 11th of March. Perhaps some of you will be able to attend, check the website for more details.
http://wassailgamesclub.googlepages.com/

Sam

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
To be more precise check the forum linked to that site.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mal Prace
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hey, i'm in Bristol and would be interested in coming over if you have another game night. Let me know when and where!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
The next one is this Thursday, 15th February. I did create a separate thread for it - is that poor form here? Should I continue to update this thread with new times / dates (or just have a general BBC thread)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Cole
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just think it's sometimes easier to keep it in one thread as you don't always see new threads based on how quickly they can dissappear from the front page of the geek. I log on a lot and have been looking out for more info about your next meet and totally missed your other thread.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Ruffles
United Kingdom
Bath
B&NES
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UK: Bath Boardgames Club (BBC) -- thurs 15th feb
I agree - I've searched through the forums twice now and haven't found the other thread! Mind you as it's a Thursday I will be off to the Frome club!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.