Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: uk_gamers [+] [View All]
tom greenland
England
flag msg tools
Re: UK: Bath Boardgames Club (BBC) -- thurs 15th feb
hi

we are new to gaming although we have played traditional board games at home

do you ever meet on a Friday or Saturday? and would you be prepared to show us and play some of the new games on the market

sorry we don't understand all the geek language yet but we are willing to learn

hope we have posted this on the correct site if not can you help

tom & sara

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: UK:Bath Boardgames Club (BBC) + Frome Wassail Games Club
Since no one else has answered this post.....

Where are you from? - are you nearby (Bath) - your profile doesn't say.

I'm part of the Wassail Games Club in Frome (as mentioned in a post above). We also meet on Thursday (sorry), however there is a game playing day planned for Sunday March the 11th if you are interested. You're welcome to join us if you are interested. Let me know.

For more details....
http://wassailgamesclub.googlepages.com

If these days are no good for you, BBC says that they might change the day that they hold their club.

Hope this helps in some way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Sorry, I haven't been back here in a few days. We have not yet met on a Friday or Saturday - our venue is really only available Thursdays and a few odd Tuesdays, which is why it's been Thursdays so far.

We have several good games for 'newbies', so we can certainly show you around the 'scene' if you're ever free on the appropriate day!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
UK: Bath Boardgames Club (BBC) -- thurs 15th mar
Next BBC 15th March, usual venue, times and so on. Headline post edited to reflect this. Hope to see some of you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian P Lewis
United Kingdom
Torquay
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi sorry for a small hijack but are there any game shops in bath, I am in Bath this weekend and just wondered. I know there are some in Bristol but didnt want to go into the city.
Cheers for any help

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kendrick Curtis
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
Not really (that I know of). There's a children's games shop near M&S but that's about it, unfortunately.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Snow
United Kingdom
Bath
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hi,

Are you still running - in The Rummer or elsewhere ?

Paul

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know about the BBC, but ours is still running if you're interested.

We're in Frome and have a few Bath members.
http://wassailgamesclub.googlepages.com

Also in answer to the other question above regarding game shops (bit late now). Yes there is Hoyles Games in Bath, although I visited it once and did not find anything to buy from their small offering.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Oakes
United Kingdom
CHIPPENHAM
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
Hi,

Don't know if your club is up and running but I'm attempting to set up a Boardgame Club in Chippenham, starting Thursday 11 september 2008. If any of your group are interested in helping me establish this please contact me either through BGG or on mfoakes@globalnet.co.uk.

I have a collection of over 300 games to bring to the club, covering all genres, so there should be something of interest for everybody.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ead Tom
msg tools
Are any of these clubs still running? Either Bath or Chippenham are fine by me and even Frome at a push!

Let me know as there's nothing on meetup and I'm keen to meet fellow gamers!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jordan
United Kingdom
Westbury
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We played last night in Frome. There were 7 of us last night - some stayed away due to potential snow I think. Sunday was busy for a Sunday with about 10 I think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Read
United Kingdom
BATH
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ead101 wrote:
Are any of these clubs still running? Either Bath or Chippenham are fine by me and even Frome at a push!

Hi Ead Tom,

Our group plays every Tuesday night at St James Wine Vaults (just behind the Royal Crescent).

Our Guild Page is here: Bath Gaming Group if you want more information and we'd be really pleased to see you.

On the guild page you can browse our games collections and also see what we've been playing recently. We're a friendly bunch and pretty happy to play most stuff, or bring your own if you're happy to teach games.

Cheers,
Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David J. Mortimer
United Kingdom
Melksham
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to add to James' post we regularly have 10 to 15 players every Tuesday

certain death wrote:
Ead101 wrote:

Hi Ead Tom,

Our group plays every Tuesday night at St James Wine Vaults (just behind the Royal Crescent).

Our Guild Page is here: Bath Gaming Group if you want more information and we'd be really pleased to see you.

On the guild page you can browse our games collections and also see what we've been playing recently. We're a friendly bunch and pretty happy to play most stuff, or bring your own if you're happy to teach games.

Cheers,
Jim

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prev «  1 , 2  | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.