Subject: Painted Yahtzee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robert Potter
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember playing Ultimate Yahtzee on my PC, and that one of the games available was Painted Yahtzee. I was hooked instantly. I loved the game so much, that I manufactured a tangible version to play anywhere. Has anyone else played this?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Huzonfirst
United States
Manassas
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
The Mets, after an eventful, but productive, trade deadline, find themselves on top of the NL East. Amazing!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not sure what Painted Yahtzee is. Did it play like this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2581?

If so, yes! I love Kismet and consider it a considerable improvement over Yahtzee.

By the way, if the game you were playing sounds more like this (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/21432), I'd really like to hear the details. I've only just stumbled across Royal Kismet, but it sounds VERY interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yustas
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
I've been thinking about how to put together a non-computer version of Painted Yahtzee. Is that what you ment by "tangible?" If so, I'm curious as to what you came up with ... I bought five sets of different colored dice and put them all in a bag. We reach in and pick five dice and roll them. Then for the second and third rolls just pick how many dice are needed. We've only play tested about six games. Either we had a bad string of luck, or the odds are a little off with the method I've developed. So, again, I'm very curious to hear what you tried and how it worked out for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Me
United States
Bowling Green
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought a set of dice that have 6 different colors of dots on the sides. I think it was Koplow that sells them.

Now to find a score sheet...or make one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emil Cabrera
Philippines
Antipolo
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played something similar called Rainbow Yahtzee on my Yahtzee Deluxe game on my cellphone. It only uses three sets of five dice. While it doesn't explicitly show how dice are chosen, I think the five dice are picked from a container and then rolled... you get the drill.

Four more categories are added for such a game:
Color 2 Pair: Two pairs of matching dice, each pair having the same color and value. Scores the sum of the dice plus 10 points.
Flush: Five dice of the same color. Values don't matter. Scores 30.
Color Full House: A Full House made up of dice of the same color. Scores 40.
Straight Flush: A Large Straight composed of same-colored dice. Scores 75.

Furthermore, a Yahtzee using dice of the same color are worth 100.

I think this is what you're talking about.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Potter
United States
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Larry Levy wrote:
I'm not sure what Painted Yahtzee is. Did it play like this: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2581?

If so, yes! I love Kismet and consider it a considerable improvement over Yahtzee.

By the way, if the game you were playing sounds more like this (http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/21432), I'd really like to hear the details. I've only just stumbled across Royal Kismet, but it sounds VERY interesting.

Yeah, I think it plays like that.

Anyway, I discovered that by mousing over one of the dice, I could see exactly what color each face was. There were only five dice, and each face was one of five colors, with one duplication on each die. Also, every comination of color and value was represented exactly once.

I can't imagine what you guys have been doing. I mean, 20 dice for a Yahtzee game? I like dice as much as the next gamer, but that just seems wasteful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barbara Erdman
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
Hi.. If interested you can go to a site called gameland.com There you will find a game called YIPPEE...... that is Painted Yahtzee.... I just came across it also, after playing Painted Yahtzee a long time ago and I too loved it. I was also hooked on it. We play in tournaments also from myleague.com..... That site when on there is Lucky Dice. Hope that info helps. Barbaralaugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.