Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Flynn
United States
Lakeville
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mb
I just acquired Talisman the Adventure off Ebay. Its in nearly unplayed condition but the shade of green on the backs of the Adventure cards does not match the original game and the 1st expansion. I guess its not a huge problem but does seem to be a tad unfortunate. Is this the way it should be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shellie Rose
United States
Vernon
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes , that is the way it is. I think with all the expansions you end up with at least three different shades of green on the card backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
After the initial annoyment back in the mid-eighties we have long since learned to live with it and it doesn't really spoil the game that you can see that the next card is from an expansion or not.

With all expansions and White Dwarf freebies you end up with about five different colors/textures anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niels B.
Germany
Berlin
flag msg tools
Corruption, the most infallible symptom of constitutional liberty.
badge
"Prepare to move out, tanks first! Shoot on sight!"
mbmbmbmbmb
There is even a positive side to it: you can sort out the different editions after play. I always thought that a good thing, as we sometimes didn't have the time to play a long game with all expansions.

And I agree, you can just mix it all together, it doesn't really matter, that you can see which edition the next card will be. Although the Talisman Dragons cards always needed careful evaluation: am I strong enough to encounter a possible dragon? On the other hand did that expansion have the most powerful items. Stressful gaming experience!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Goodacre
United Kingdom
Brentwood
Essex
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mb
On the subject of the differently shaded card backs, has anyone come across either of the following:

1) someone making opaque card backs in the right size for Talisman cards?

OR

2) a card dispenser, more than likely from another game, which fits Talisman cards and keeps the backs hidden?

Either of the above would be a really good find for me. As it is now, I don't like to use Adventure because the card backs are so different. It just feels wrong...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.