Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
On Board Games Episode 2 is available
http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/index.php?post_id=198470

In this episode Donald (Walsfeo), Scott Nicholson (snicholson), and Erik discuss why game expansions are good and what troubles they can cause.

Scott reviews the War on Terror.

In the Industry Sideboard Erik and Donald discuss game prototypes and pitching games to game companies.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers!

Donald
http://onboardgames.net/

OBG RSS Feed:
http://onboardgames.libsyn.com/rss
OBG BGG Wiki entry:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/On_Board_Games

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
I really need to find a copy of War on Terror

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Spode
United States
Mount Airy
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great job guys. How do you feel War on Terror compares to Junta?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Douglas Bushong
United States
La Porte
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Great work. You guys either do some outstanding editing or are masters of avoiding dead air.

Here's my $0.02 worth.

Doug

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Connie Aponte
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Hey I can't wait to be on the show again! It was a lot of fun. Danny loves the games you recommended.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donald Dennis
United States
Pawleys Island
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Subhuman wrote:
Great job guys. How do you feel War on Terror compares to Junta?

I have yet to play it myself, but it looks like more of a territory game, like the map has more impact. I know some of the locals submitted WoT pictures of them in their face masks and the pics were rejected as irrelevant and controversial by the picture mod junkies. However other pics of people wearing the masks were approved, but not showing them used in game play.

Edit to add: Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nicholson
Canada
Brantford
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
We played War of Terror again last night. I'd never thought about the Junta connection. There's more focus on the map in WoT. It also seems to move along more quickly.

Here's how this one played out:

- One player became Evil from the spinner, made a lot of money through a nasty card, and spent it all to put terrorist troops everywhere.
- I only had 3 pieces left on the board, so turned terrorist, which was quite surprising to the new players to realize these little black counters suddenly had a brain behind them.
- Three other players joined me in the next round of play. (one of us...).
- The two remaining players worked together to try and stop the flood of terrorism.
- Finally, after our continued prodding, one of the other players quickly switched at the end of her turn, letting the terrorists win.

It was great fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
snicholson wrote:
We played War of Terror again last night. I'd never thought about the Junta connection. There's more focus on the map in WoT. It also seems to move along more quickly.

Here's how this one played out:

- One player became Evil from the spinner, made a lot of money through a nasty card, and spent it all to put terrorist troops everywhere.
- I only had 3 pieces left on the board, so turned terrorist, which was quite surprising to the new players to realize these little black counters suddenly had a brain behind them.
- Three other players joined me in the next round of play. (one of us...).
- The two remaining players worked together to try and stop the flood of terrorism.
- Finally, after our continued prodding, one of the other players quickly switched at the end of her turn, letting the terrorists win.

It was great fun.

I really like the sounds of this game as it seems to put having fun at the forefront of everything. Was the last non-Terrorist player annoyed at his loss at all? I wonder if competitive people would find this game unappealing due to the hilarity/chaos you seem to imply this game carries with it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.