Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As a change of pace from Dark Cults, I introduced my co-worker to yet another card game: CAR WARS.

She was a bit stand offish and whined, "you don't know how to play?" when I was going through the rule book to refresh my memory on how to play. I shushed her and explained the rules to the game. I picked the Banzai car, she picked the "Batman car" (The Pirhana). I dealt each of us six cards and away we went.

Round 1: We spent mostly sniping back and forth on our cars. She kept nailing the rear of my car and breached the armor, whereas I kept trying to nail her left side and she kept swerving and applying armor cards. Once my rear armor was breached, I left the arena. Cyndi: 20. Me: 0. (But alive!)

Round 2: Autocannon backfires were order for the round. She banged up her right side, while my left got blown to pieces. However, I did succeed in taking out her tires and I planned to destroy her like an opportunistic vulture. Alas, she succeeded in breaching my rear armor again. Again, I hauled my exposed butt out of the arena. Cyndi: 40. Me: 0 (I'm cowardly, but scrappy!)

Round 3: I tried destroying her rear armor with missiles, which led to double entendres such as, "Missile to the REAR!" She either swerved or used Dud Missiles to negate them. I shot up the front, right, and rear of her car but I could never gain traction in getting just one particular side. If I did, she usually had armor to mitigate my hits. As in the previous rounds, she completely blew my back armor off. I ran like a whipped pup off the field, broken but unbowed! Cyndi: 60. Me: 0.

Cyndi was the winner, completely shutting me out. I whined that it was the car that gave me bad joss and made a point to switch cars next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Pluto
Greece
Athens
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: How I left my tail swingin' in the breeze in 3 quick rou
Erm, where do you work?

It would be very strange playing card games with my co-workers, what with working in a large auditing firm and all..

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Johnson
Australia
Perth
Western Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Good question. I pulled out a deck of Fluxx one Friday evening and all I got were cries of how it was too complicated.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We play during our lunch hour, away from the office. So, we only get the occasional quizzical looks from passersby at the restaurant we eat at.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trencher for Life
United States
Slidell
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Krisjohn wrote:
Good question. I pulled out a deck of Fluxx one Friday evening and all I got were cries of how it was too complicated.

Fluxx complicated? Jeez. Granted, the game's not my cup of tea, but it's easy to pick up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.