Subject: Where to place bunker progress marker at beginning of game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
I need to get me one of those cool overtext things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Now my turn to ask a question that will probably go unanswered for this relatively obscure game.

Where do you place the bunker progress marker at the beginning of the game?

I can't find it in the rules anywhere! I would logically think it starts on the "1" position...but then you need only breach the bunker twice before gaining entry (requiring only two full turns before breaching which seems very easy to do).

Also, in section 10.1 of the rules on Breaching the bunker it mentions that if you fail with a vader symbol on the dice you move the marker to the left and that "There is no effect for rolling Vader symbols if the Breach marker is on "0"") However, there is no "0" position! Just a blank space next to the left of the number 1 position. I'm beginning to think that the marker starts to the left of the number 1 position, requiring three successful breaches in order to open the bunker.

I'll patiently wait some assistance, although I suspect I may never get any!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kuhn
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rich:

I just got the game...and looked at the rules. Did not play yet. I think you are right. Notice that the zero is in parenthesis in the rules. Usually something surronded by parenthesis implies something exists even though it is not visible. I think this is what is meant by these rules. The empty space next to the one would act like a "0" in my book. Therefore, when I play I will start the breach marker to the left of the 1 space. I guess you could start the marker on the 1 space if you wanted an easier/beginner game. Also notice the rulebook suggests ways to make the game "harder" in other ways. You could look at the breach marker placement as just another game balancing feature.

Scott
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Moore
United States
Oxford
Ohio
flag msg tools
I need to get me one of those cool overtext things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Where to place bunker progress marker at beginning of ga
Thanks Scott! I think your interpretation is a good one...I'll do the same!

Rich

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.